What is your favourite place to camp in the UK?

A little village in worcestershire called Eckington. Very large field on the banks of River Avon.
Its a C&CC CS and about 15 minutes walk from the village which has a small general store and two pubs.
Big views over Brecon Hill, good free fishing, many walking and cycling routes, even a lock you can play with to help the boaters through.
Favourite pastime lying on my back on the grass with a bottle looking for stars and satellites!

A close call between
1 Ribblehead viaduct
2 Fisherrow harbour (Mussleburgh)
3 Girvan harbour
4 Latheronwheel
5 Blue Bank Sleights Nr Whitby
6 Black Mountain Nr Swansea
7 Kidwelly
Enough ?

jagmanx;n10130 said:
A close call between
1 Ribblehead viaduct
3 Girvan harbour
4 Latheronwheel
7 Kidwelly
Enough ?

I'm really keen to try Latheronwheel this winter.

Looks a lovely place.

jagmanx;n10130 said:
A close call between
1 Ribblehead viaduct
3 Girvan harbour
4 Latheronwheel
7 Kidwelly
Enough ?

Been to all of them all great but I might change the order lol

Glenarm is nice with toilets ,small kids park ,marina and of course the castle & grounds which belong to the earl of ulster and lives there,all free to.
Thats my we home build bus along side the wealthy folks vans glenarm 5.jpgglenarm 4.jpgglenarm 2.jpgglenarm 1.jpg

It's all about what you're doing there and who you're doing it with. As a solo traveller, I have to avoid sites that charge for 2 adults, 2 kids all in (£25pn upwards) as I can stay at many CMC and C&CC sites as a solo and pay for site +1 elec incl. for about £10-20 depending on site and season. Don't need to go back to their expensive sites e.g. Sandringham - been there: Even CL's and CS's are overpriced for 1.

C&CC Norwich is my favourite I suppose. Small pretty site, short walk to bus stop into city. Site managers excellent. But, sadly ablutions are inadequate in season. Buses ex city all over - Broads, Gt Yarmouth, Peterborough, North Norfolk Coast. Norwich has an active arty community so always lots on the go.

I also like Brownhills 'CL' in Newark. For Brownhills Club members only, good parking with hook-up, excellent showers and toilets, swimming pool, sauna and spa pool. Discount in coffee shop and Accessories shop.... and its FREE. Does it get any better than that? I've nearly forgiven them for everything!

For a family with kids - Pentewan sands, especially if you nab a breach front pitch.

My secret place in Yorkshire, magical, stunning, peaceful and wonderful for body and soul.

And no, I ain't naming it.

Izwozral;n12483 said:
My secret place in Yorkshire, magical, stunning, peaceful and wonderful for body and soul.

Ah, but we know.
In your cups, you revealed all.

Our favourite place, to camp, will now be on your drive, with hookup, tea, toast and The Times, delivered at 8.30 prompt.. And a taxi to the pub.
Otherwise... The location will be splashed on here and registered as a POI on the WC. site..

Pauljenny;n12741 said:
Ah, but we know.
In your cups, you revealed all.

Our favourite place, to camp, will now be on your drive, with hookup, tea, toast and The Times, delivered at 8.30 prompt.. And a taxi to the pub.
Otherwise... The location will be splashed on here and registered as a POI on the WC. site..

You will be on that ghost thread if you do matey. Whoooohhooooo.

You don't scare us, Mr 2 vans.
Looking up the coordinates now.

Izwozral;n12483 said:

A bit of torture at the next meet will sort you out matey

Pauljenny;n12749 said:
You don't scare us, Mr 2 vans.
Looking up the coordinates now.

And we want butter on the toast, with Tiptree marmalade.

Been checking on here since the thread started and, great-so far nobody else has visited it. Its gonna stay that way!

Spacerunner;n10116 said:
A little village in worcestershire called Eckington. Very large field on the banks of River Avon.
Its a C&CC CS and about 15 minutes walk from the village which has a small general store and two pubs.
Big views over Brecon Hill, good free fishing, many walking and cycling routes, even a lock you can play with to help the boaters through.
Favourite pastime lying on my back on the grass with a bottle looking for stars and satellites!

Sounds really good spacerunner, just a word of warning to anyone taking up this suggestion take care not to end up in Eckington Derbyshire where I live unfortunately it is a distinctly different offering to its namesake in Worcestershire!

Wot and have all them Wildies turn up :D :D

A caravan club CL in Llangennith..... Only get away with using the T25 'cos our fam have been going there for well over 30 yrs though... sorry (not) :tongue: Has wonderful walks just past the farm going up over the top of the hill (bugger of a climb now I have fibro.... daughter has to haul me up using dog lead, which is a sight to behold) :Flushed_Face_Emoji: But the views from the top, especially as you are just about to go down into Rhossili village, are spectacular (imnsho)! However, as my fibro has progressed rapidly and have not been here for a few years, don't think I would be able to make that walk now. :frown:

Last edited:
Lyndon Top, Rutland Water. We have been going there for about 10 years now. Can’t beat a thrash around RW on bike - occaisionally do two laps.
David.

HermanHymer;n10206 said:
It's all about what you're doing there and who you're doing it with. As a solo traveller, I have to avoid sites that charge for 2 adults, 2 kids all in (£25pn upwards) as I can stay at many CMC and C&CC sites as a solo and pay for site +1 elec incl. for about £10-20 depending on site and season. Don't need to go back to their expensive sites e.g. Sandringham - been there: Even CL's and CS's are overpriced for 1.

C&CC Norwich is my favourite I suppose. Small pretty site, short walk to bus stop into city. Site managers excellent. But, sadly ablutions are inadequate in season. Buses ex city all over - Broads, Gt Yarmouth, Peterborough, North Norfolk Coast. Norwich has an active arty community so always lots on the go.

Being solo I too use these sites. Cheaper than C's for me now. Scotland is mentioned a lot so I'll have to discover that as a solo now as well, we had done a bit of it when he was alive.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back