What is your favourite place to camp in the UK?

Wooie1958;n1291 said:
Anywhere so long as there is only us there.

.....just stay in Penwortham...that should do the trick LOL ? Mark

Well I'm currently in Salisbury and I must say it's a lovely place.It
have got many places to visit, Stonehenge being one of them. Campsite are a little far between with nit many having bus stops,need in of them as don't want to Park in Salisbury

A peaceful site we use is the Hollies about 6 miles from york, the pole is an Amateur Radio Antenna. 41E02F4E-1A31-42A9-B7E3-5F10309D745B.jpeg

I just love being away from it all. Wales away from the coast, The Western Lakes and Northumberland all fit the bill. Wide open spaces, rugged countryside and not many humans.

Reactions: 2cv
The oyster catcher at Loch Fynne and around area.Great when boat regattas are on sitting in front of van ,basking with lager and Guinness

Attachments

• photo309.jpg
    photo309.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo310.jpg
    photo310.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo311.jpg
    photo311.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 0
yorkslass;n1206 said:
I'm happy if I'm away in the van. I do have a soft spot for Northumberland though, it's not too hard to find somewhere remote.

Cool just very relaxing

West Coast Of Scotland ,Trying Our 1st Time Away For Xmas & New Year - Normally A Seasonal Caravanner in Scotland But Now With Becoming A Motorhomer & Being A Northerner We Should Cope With The Weather Lol ,

Cwm nantcol waterfalls, llanbedr, fab site in mountain overlooking barmouth bay

Western Scotland. Particularly Achiltibuie beach, where just up the road I bought an amazing pesto from a Croft.

Wookey Farm CL Somerset, goat farm plus you can buy goatee products.

I have a real soft spot for Glenmore Campsite, Loch Morloch near Aviemore. It is less than a couple of hours from the house and we have popped up there for the weekend many times over the years. Great for kids, dogs, and adults alike.

5andy;n2391 said:
I have a real soft spot for Glenmore Campsite, Loch Morloch near Aviemore. It is less than a couple of hours from the house and we have popped up there for the weekend many times over the years. Great for kids, dogs, and adults alike.

It is a nice spot sandy,glad to see you on here ,hope things are guid neebs

5andy;n2391 said:

Rothiemurchus is also good Sandy, just up the road.

Some lovely walks into the Lairig Ghru from there.

anywhere that is interesting with plenty to see.....and something going on......probably prefer coast to countryside...

.dont care for isolated places......love yorkshire coast, northumberland coast, kent coast...

Last edited:
5andy;n2391 said:

I like this site as well - ideal for us when we have the grandchildren with us. Plenty to keep them occupied. Unfortunately I loved the Pine Marten bar just at the entrance but this closed at the end of October due to the untimely death of the owner.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back