What is your favourite place to camp in the UK?

Fazerloz;n2473 said:
What could be better than Blackpool

Your a Yorkshire lad Blackpool is on the wrong side of the Pennines. ???

Waking up at the POI at South Stack, above the lighthouse, after getting off the Dublin ferry.... Ok in July, but marbe not December

I’d rather be in Aleppo than Blackpool on the Glasgow fair week or sep weekend it’s a giant nut house. Nothing against Blackpool had mainly a good time there during my misspent youth but it’s not the same Blackpool I remember. Last time I passed through I felt a wee bit sad the place looked terrible hotels wae boarded up widows roofs burnet out sad?

I was born in Blackpool. It's sad to see it so run down after years of appalling council decisions. Their treatment of motorhomers is just a small example of how inept they are.

image.jpeg This is one of my favourites Goring Gap alas you can no longer overnight there but I would still park up through the day and drive off to overnight nearby it's just a fab location.

Never mind the seaside.

The Red Lion at Goostrey, Cheshire is more welcoming.

You can always walk down to The Crown, if you want a little refinement.
Bus to
Sandbach, train to Manchester, Crewe or anywhere.

There's so many lovely places in the UK it's difficult to choose just one favourite,probably NW Scotland or N Cornwall.Most important thing is to be with someone you get on with otherwise the most beautiful place on earth could become a nightmare holiday.:rolleyes:

Northumbria for us,partly because it’s not to far away. Bamburgh and surrounding area. Also love Scotland as others but it’s a longer treck and not suited to ‘let’s just go out in the van’ decisions.

pauljenny;n2485 said:
Waking up at the POI at South Stack, above the lighthouse, after getting off the Dublin ferry.... Ok in July, but marbe not December

Woke up their last week for the first time, great.

I was cold when we went to Scotland. We went on the beach at Findhorn bay in June which was awesome but ye gods it cold. I'd love to do the West Coast but I worry about being cold and I also worry about the midges.

Campervanannie;n627 said:
Flamborough head is a great place but spent so much time there as a child I don't go much as an adult and I should.

Agreed. Only problem for me is that the mother & father-in-law live there!!!!!

Campsites, we have a few favourites that we visit regularly, Fforest Fields just outside Builth Wells, Pembrey Country Park, Station Campsite Carrog and Stratford on Avon racecource although we do tend to avoid these sites during school holidays. Favourite areas would be Aberaeron, Tenby and the Gower Peninsula.

Because of family commitments we can't take extended holidays but make full use of the van almost every weekend hence most of our travel being local, hoping to be able to start venturing a bit further out as family commitments ease during the next few years

I'm still a relative noob, and I haven't travelled abroad in my van, but I love coastal areas. Scotland is a paradise for motorhoming compared to England. It's just me and my dog, so we head for the beaches and forests. So many wonderful stops we've had these last few years. If I had to pick one area, it would be the Uists and Berneray.

e
Kaytutt;n7536 said:
Campsites, we have a few favourites that we visit regularly, Fforest Fields just outside Builth Wells, Pembrey Country Park, Station Campsite Carrog and Stratford on Avon racecource although we do tend to avoid these sites during school holidays. Favourite areas would be Aberaeron, Tenby and the Gower Peninsula.

Because of family commitments we can't take extended holidays but make full use of the van almost every weekend hence most of our travel being local, hoping to be able to start venturing a bit further out as family commitments ease during the next few years

Stayed at C&CC Site at Stratford upon Avon for a weekend Rally this year and liked it. There are some great Dog walks nearby.

We were there when the big Boat Festival was on and the Racecourse was rammed full.

maingate;n8142 said:
e

Stayed at C&CC Site at Stratford upon Avon for a weekend Rally this year and liked it. There are some great Dog walks nearby.

We were there when the big Boat Festival was on and the Racecourse was rammed full.

We were there in June, there were evening race meetings on both Friday and Saturday and we were parked up in the middle of the course. During the day we walked into town for a look around and a pint before walking back in time for the racing. Great weekend and we’re planning to go again next year

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back