Which tools to carry in your motorhome?

exactly - there's no way you can carry enough stuff to fix such a complex thing, so don't bother !

Also very useful
Isle of man key, for water taps
And
Triangular meter box key, metal with long shank for opening a lot of waste bins ! Plastic ones are not strong enough.

I carry a few tools, tape straps etc, but the most useful is my tablet with commercial diagnostic software and the lead to plug it into the van, this tells me exactly what is wrong with the van. Saves a fortune on garage diagnostics!

As 'Millie' has masses of storage space I carry a 3.5 tonne trolley jack, a complete tool roll with open and ring ended spanners from 6mm to 30mm, a complete screwdriver kit covering the 3 main types of ends in various sizes, a full allen and torx sets, gaffer tape, multiple rolls of insulation tape, 1/2", 3/8"& 1/4" socket sets, a professional torque wrench, 2 x full sets of replacement bulbs, a comprehensive selection of spade fuses, replacement auxiliary drive belt, wide range of cable ties etc. etc.
Plus spare engine exhaust alternator starter motor, bunnies cord. Failure to prepare , is prepare to fail, just kidding

as someone who travelled for years with no breakdown cover , i carried basic tools but no spares and never really had a problem that i couldn't sort at the roadside- driving old banger vans mind !
my mate however carried a spare head , gasket sets , a half shaft , brake assemblies , all sorts of stuff.. he rarely got away in his van , and often broke down- and never had the part he needed.
just saying

As 'Millie' has masses of storage space I carry a 3.5 tonne trolley jack, a complete tool roll with open and ring ended spanners from 6mm to 30mm, a complete screwdriver kit covering the 3 main types of ends in various sizes, a full allen and torx sets, gaffer tape, multiple rolls of insulation tape, 1/2", 3/8"& 1/4" socket sets, a professional torque wrench, 2 x full sets of replacement bulbs, a comprehensive selection of spade fuses, replacement auxiliary drive belt, wide range of cable ties etc. etc.
Hi, have you been in the back of my motorhome (ha ah) Peter.

Just added a new Torx set to my toolkit in the van.

Essential if you own a Renault Master as Millie Master will verify. (MM, where do you get your bulb sets from?)

Just added a new Torx set to my toolkit in the van.

Essential if you own a Renault Master as Millie Master will verify. (MM, where do you get your bulb sets from?)

I bought my sets of bulbs from Halfords even though they cost a bloody fortune!!

As for your Torx set, are they for fitting to a ratchet/socket drive or are they the double ended sort which in effect are like a spanner? I only ask as mine are the latter type and I really ought to get some socket type Torx heads, if they are the latter type can you tell mewhere you bought them from please?

Many thanks

Phil

I DO carry an electrical toolbox and a mechanical toolbox, I’ve used the soldering iron a couple of times while we’ve been away, mostly at home ?? I DO NEED TO CLEAR OUT STUFF !!

All the above sounds good but from experience you will always need something else so add that and your done.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back