Who's Awake

Where was it fitted, it should be beside the burner on the hot pipe out, it should spin up every time the boiler fires to heat rads or w tank.

We have UFH and in the end it wasn't the pump squealing it was one of the zone valves. They are 'closed' until heat is demanded so we reckon the valve isn't fully shut so is whistling as the water pressure tries to get through it. It stops when that zone is on.

Morning

Off to Spain today!

Well...Henley on Thames anyway en route to Spain.

Morning

Off to Spain today!

Well...Henley on Thames anyway en route to Spain.
Henley-on-Thames will H-o-T, but Spain will be hotter ... :D. Safe Journey! Perhaps we'll pass you on your return leg, but 7 weeks to get any of the Flat repairs done is probably optimistic ...

Steve

Reactions: GMJ
I hope Spain will be hotter. It managed to touch 10 degrees today with rain for at least half the journey!

We have UFH and in the end it wasn't the pump squealing it was one of the zone valves. They are 'closed' until heat is demanded so we reckon the valve isn't fully shut so is whistling as the water pressure tries to get through it. It stops when that zone is on.
Yep they can stick, I always keep one spare head just in case, mine has a manual lever to open if it dies.heating b.png

It's not the actuator head Trev, it's the actual valve in the pipework. It's a bit of a job to get that out to replace so we'll just persevere.

Ours is below: we call it NASA Mission Control...

1673764373279.jpeg

I forgot...Morning all

We overnighted in Henley on Thames and will head to Folkestone today.

Me too, going shopping today, not been out of the house all week, I'm a bit stir-crazy.

Me, but considering a good nap, warmer in bed these days.

It's not the actuator head Trev, it's the actual valve in the pipework. It's a bit of a job to get that out to replace so we'll just persevere.

Ours is below: we call it NASA Mission Control...

View attachment 65501
Neat sys, but he should of put a key valve on either side of the m valve, try taking the head of and squirt some ptfe oil on it and turn with a set of m grips back and forth.

With the actuator head off, we gave it a few push ins as it is 'normally closed'. The valve works just fine when the actuator calls for heat, it's just a whistle sometimes when other zones are on and this one isn't. As we don't use the said zone that much I think using it a few times will probably cure the whistle: possibly a bit of crap in there not allowing the valve to 100% fully shut.

Last edited:
Yuk, is it that time already, Lemsip this morning, been snuffling and a bit congested, not a cold per se, just a bit woof.

Morning

Near Rouen at the mo and off to Poitiers for our overnight stop today.

Morning so cold in Yorkshire this morning the frost on the cars is going nowhere but looks pretty. 😂

Morning

Now in Poitiers and moving down to Bordeaux today. It was nobbling and snowing on part of drive down yesterday.

Back