Who's Awake

Morning

Hoping for better weather today as it was sh1te yesterday (rained all day and cold too). Have hired a car so off to Cartagena today.
We abandoned the quest for Cartagena in Apr 2022 because the weather was pretty dismal, Graham. We visited on a cruise in 2017 and had intended to return for a more leisurely exploring ..

Steve

Reactions: GMJ
Our luck: the road outside the campsite is closed for resurfacing so no sightseeing today. Hope to get to a supermarket later and Cartagena postponed until tomorrow!

Morning

No trip to Cartagena yesterday as the one road from our site was closed for (over running) raodworks...so we'll try again today!

Morning

Off to Murcia today. Still too nippy for shorts though I think.

Shit Steve - sorry to hear that.

You OK now?

Shit Steve - sorry to hear that.

You OK now?
Yes, thanks, Graham. Blood Pressure went off the scale at 240/? [can't recall the other figure] and it took a tad over 7 hours for the left arm tingles to pass. I had a CT Scan of Head/Throat and Chest and they found further blockage/furring of the carotid arterie and history of a previous mini stroke that has caused some minor brain damage [insert joke here!]. Blood Pressure down to 129/? now and I have to change to a 'no salt' diet and lose weight. The TIA [mini stroke] Clinic programme looks to be a lengthy process, so we're probably looking at a holiday in Summer as the earliest break

I have to give a new type of Statins a try, 'otherwise your foreign travels are likely to come to an end sooner than you would wish', despite 2 previous versions causing me real problems with loss of balance and memory loss. Consultant was a female James Robertson Justice character; 'Mr March [NOT Steve/Stephen!]. 'You can lose this year's travels, or you can risk losing every year's travels, and change your motorhome for wheelchair'. She knows how to get her point across!

Steve

Steve: good to hear you are getting back to whatever your normal is :D

Morning

Head sharpening first thing then cooking brunch, so maybe a walk/bike ride later to work it off

Steve: good to hear you are getting back to whatever your normal is :D

Morning

Head sharpening first thing then cooking brunch, so maybe a walk/bike ride later to work it off
Graham, you know me well enough to realise that my normal is on the cusp of many folks' definition of 'abnormal', but my own little world is mostly a pleasant place in which to reside :D It's the incursions of outsiders, aka reality and/or 'the system' that tend to upset the apple cart ...

I'm sure the neighbours thought I had Tourette's Syndrome during my various 'discussions' with Aviva, their Contractors, the upstairs neighbour and his insurers, to name but a few. Those episodes did nothing to help keep my blood pressure in check, but it's mere speculation to wonder whether the avoidance of the Pipe Burst MIGHT have avoided the mini stroke. There again, with the problems sitting just below the surface, we could have set off for Spain and had problems en route, so, on balance, perhaps better that events occurred as they did.

It's good to be back to my obnoxious self, looking for an empty room in which to start an argument! Hope your weather improves on your trip!

Steve

Morning

Nothing planned for today so we may well do just that!

Back