Who's Awake

Afternoon all :)

Yet another glorious day here - believe it or not, it's warm enough to be sleeveless! Trying to think of every excuse to be outside but most of what needs doing is indoors. Might just get a chair out and do some reading... erm... planning! ;) I sprayed the Wet and Forget on the mucky patio yesterday... they say to leave it to do its thing, so I'm trying to avoid the temptation to give it a good scrub. I can see a bit of a difference already. If my neighbour hadn't confiscated all my means of climbing, I'd spray the roof of the van too but I just can't reach.

ah, there you are.........thought you were in tulip country.........??????????

Hmm just spotted date........OUT OF DATE...........
Yes, I am indeed here in tulip land and having a ball. We're all at a campsite near Noordwijk. The weather's been kind - chilly but mostly lovely sunshine - and we've been enjoying bike rides and the flower festival with lots of stunning flower floats. The smell of the hyacinths when you're out and about is amazing. Today we went to the seaside at Noordwijk op Zee. Kuekenhof tomorrow to tiptoe through the tulips. Here's a taste of the flower procession floats...

20190412_161019.jpg
20190412_161446.jpg

20190412_152535.jpg
20190412_161537.jpg

Reminds me of the floats you used to see at Spalding flower festival

Yes, I am indeed here in tulip land and having a ball. We're all at a campsite near Noordwijk. The weather's been kind - chilly but mostly lovely sunshine - and we've been enjoying bike rides and the flower festival with lots of stunning flower floats. The smell of the hyacinths when you're out and about is amazing. Today we went to the seaside at Noordwijk op Zee. Kuekenhof tomorrow to tiptoe through the tulips. Here's a taste of the flower procession floats...

View attachment 44475
View attachment 44511

View attachment 44513
View attachment 44514
ah. jenny, so you are still in tulip land..........been following all the photos which the others have posted/////only spotted you in one of them.....thought you must have returned ......you certainly all seem to be having a good time and good weather also...which makes all the difference..........nice to see your photos of the parade....you will have some lovely memories to cherish............hope weather holds out for you all...

anyone know how hippy is????? havent seen a post from him in quite a while.......

I think he posted either last week or week before trixie but nothing else since he said he was having a hard time,so I hope he’s ok

I think he posted either last week or week before trixie but nothing else since he said he was having a hard time,so I hope he’s ok
morning jeanette............yes hippy does seem to have a bad time of it over winter.......but he is usually back to his usual early morning post by now..........do hope he is alright.

saw your post re eyemouth........i like it there....dont know what it is about it...but its peaceful and has quite a nice atmosphere...........

There is a lovely little cafe in Eyemouth trixie they do the best Apple and cinnamon cake with cream :giggle:and all home made it’s called the Rialto just a youngish couple that has got it,if your ever through Eyemouth pop in it’s absolutely gorgeous here today and the sea is shimmering

There is a lovely little cafe in Eyemouth trixie they do the best Apple and cinnamon cake with cream :giggle:and all home made it’s called the Rialto just a youngish couple that has got it,if your ever through Eyemouth pop in it’s absolutely gorgeous here today and the sea is shimmering
will do jeanette....dont know when i will be there again.........where abouts is the cafe...........are you in the van..or sited the caravan in eyemouth...beautiful weather its been for the past few days.......pick the right time to go didnt you......enjoy

Green with envy.
A beautiful part of the country on a lovely spring day,
Cake and cream would be nice too,:giggle:

When you come into Eyemouth trixie it’s opposite the co-op store and they do a good selection of coffee’s as well no we’re not in the van we’ve had this caravan booked for a little while as we’re still on babysitting duties! Hopefully we’ll be going away in the van for about 3 and a half weeks later on, Sue they do the most delicious cakes and all homemade! We’ve known the couple for a number of years and they can’t do enough for you plus they don’t rush you out the door either.

Back