Who's Awake

Had to nip out in the heavy frost here, but very quick nip! Forgot to bring in kindling last night so couldn't light the fire! No plans today except maybe collect up piles of strimming. Curfew here , nobody allowed out after 1pm daily until 4th. Shops can open 8-1pm if they want though. We are moderate level...three levels above us. If it stays dry we may have a bonfire but, after the 2017 fires, have to notify the fire service ( by internet or phone) before starting one.

Morning all snowing here just had breakfast and the mrs just home from night shift at hospital
heading up to daughter in laws to drop off her birthday at the gates to the house
bloody strange times

Morning all snowing here just had breakfast and the mrs just home from night shift at hospital
heading up to daughter in laws to drop off her birthday at the gates to the house
bloody strange times
Morning all,

Same for us Gordon. It's my grandsons birthday tomorrow and I havn't had a hug for nearly a year. Given his age (8) he won't want one by the time it's safe .His mum has just been with my shopping and collected his present and card.

Chris, all the days are the same now.....Just wish all those who are prolonging this virus knew what it's like.

Morning tad cool here but the snow has gone 😔 and it looked so pretty.
It's cold here too but the sun is out. Daughter said it was so cold this morning the windscreen was frozen inside.

Morning all! Quiet day ( again) more logs need collecting and brought across the stream to be chopped. Water in stream is icy.....bridge got washed away in the spring storms so it's a wading job. Lots of jobs to do, including a new bridge....the nice thing is that there is no rush and we do whatever in the mood for! Might make some scones later, got some lovely raspberry jam which needs a scone to compliment it. The neighbours left 5litres of olive oil in our doorstep yesterday...partly ours as they harvest our olives with theirs. So need to make chocolate cake to leave on their step....
Have a good day everyone.

we made a chocolate cake for a birthday ,and none of the Portuguese liked it . many years ago , but they'd been brought up to think of carob flavour as chocolate and found the real thing a bit strong . different now of course

Back