2024 France/Spain Tour.

Lat time we filled up the lpg in Spain, the garage attendant had to do it, not sure if that's still the case?

Lat time we filled up the lpg in Spain, the garage attendant had to do it, not sure if that's still the case?
Not at Repsol at Benicarlo yesterday! The attendant will help if you get in a mess, but otherwise, very much 'DIY'! Same at Puerto Segunto last week, and at Petromiralles in Vilafranca del Penedes and at Repsol in Salamanca (attendant pointed to the pump location and left me fend for myself ...)

Steve

LPG easy to find in Spain via mylpg.eu app. The Spanish adapter required is shown below (worked up until yesterday!)

Steve
View attachment 72331View attachment 72331
Wee problem, looks nothing like the one I ordered along with French adapter a few year back, I wonder if I can buy one here, other option is to buy the usual replacement type if push comes to shove?

Wee problem, looks nothing like the one I ordered along with French adapter a few year back, I wonder if I can buy one here, other option is to buy the usual replacement type if push comes to shove?
We bought our adapters as a 3 part set from autogas.co.uk when we had the refillable gas system fitted in July 2021. I think you can buy the adapters individually from Amazon, or some garages (possibly Repsol Benicarlo?), have their own set to cope with foreigners ... 😁

Steve

We bought our adapters as a 3 part set from autogas.co.uk when we had the refillable gas system fitted in July 2021. I think you can buy the adapters individually from Amazon, or some garages (possibly Repsol Benicarlo?), have their own set to cope with foreigners ... 😁

Steve
I ordered the adapters ages ago and after checking Safefill website, where I purchased, I have the ACME one, what fooking planet requires an ACME adapter? As mentioned in previous post, I’ll buy an exchange tank if I have to and I can leave it in the house in France. I will ask at next REPSOL station I pass.

Anyhoo, fridge on 240 via Jackery, and hot water via 240 can be used to heat water for showers.

Life would boring without the constant juggling 🤹‍♀️

Ps, I think I have a regulator to fit Spanish tank, I’ll look it out and post a pic for yes/no, reg is correct?

Anyhoo, now at destination, was long drive to get away from the depressing weather at the coast.

Location is between Vinuesa and Abejar, and called Playa Pita. Lovely spot, reminds me of Loch Morlich. I imagine very busy during the summer, spots for MH parking, there are toilets currently closed, I I find access to water, I’ll amend post.

IMG_5814.jpegIMG_5815.jpegIMG_5816.jpegIMG_5818.jpeg

Anyhoo, now at destination, was long drive to get away from the depressing weather at the coast.

Location is between Vinuesa and Abejar, and called Playa Pita. Lovely spot, reminds me of Loch Morlich. I imagine very busy during the summer, spots for MH parking, there are toilets currently closed, I I find access to water, I’ll amend post.
If push comes to shove, a 8 litre bottle of water from the local Mercadona or mini market, at less than a quid will keep fresh water level at a safe minimum. And you can use the empty bottle as a water carrier for a quick pint stop top up when you pass an Aire!

Tonight is 46th night of the trip, and the 'site fees' total is still £10, the cost of the overnight stay on the way to Portsmouth Ferry, so less than 25p per night so far👍.

Steve

If push comes to shove, a 8 litre bottle of water from the local Mercadona or mini market, at less than a quid will keep fresh water level at a safe minimum. And you can use the empty bottle as a water carrier for a quick pint stop top up when you pass an Aire!

Tonight is 46th night of the trip, and the 'site fees' total is still £10, the cost of the overnight stay on the way to Portsmouth Ferry, so less than 25p per night so far👍.

Steve
We’re good for water Steve. You certainly Jocks to shame with what you have to date for sites/aires, I don’t bother cost to a degree, if a town or city we want to visit aire has cost, I just pay, then go visit, Avignon is one example where free MH is near impossible to find.

Anyhooooo, I found the gas bottle gas adapter invoice detail, my order was France & Spain adapters, this was 2018, no point chasing them when I return.

Previous owner of our van spent majority of their time in Spain and Portugal, on our purchase, MH came with an empty exchange tank, which I still have at home 😂 I have the regulator with me, so exchange it will have to if I can’t source an adapter while in Spain 🤞

IMG_5821.jpegIMG_5820.jpeg

We’re good for water Steve. You certainly Jocks to shame with what you have to date for sites/aires, I don’t bother cost to a degree, if a town or city we want to visit aire has cost, I just pay, then go visit, Avignon is one example where free MH is near impossible to find.

Anyhooooo, I found the gas bottle gas adapter invoice detail, my order was France & Spain adapters, this was 2018, no point chasing them when I return.

Previous owner of our van spent majority of their time in Spain and Portugal, on our purchase, MH came with an empty exchange tank, which I still have at home 😂 I have the regulator with me, so exchange it will have to if I can’t source an adapter while in Spain 🤞

View attachment 72343View attachment 72344
We didn't set off to avoid fees for Aires, Terry, it's just that we have found Free Stays at the heart of the town we're visiting, so why pay when the free version is perfectly acceptable? We cycled to Camarles yesterday from the Free Aire at Aldea. Camarles wanted €6 to stay and had fewer facilities incl local shops etc. As we filled our water bottle for the return to Aldea, the Hispeed train thundered past, making a hell of a racket! Pay €6 for a noisy night, or have a peaceful night free of charge? Had the positions been reversed, I would have willingly paid €6 for a quiet night ...

Steve

Agreed, if you can find a wee gem for little or no money, then of course use it. This is our first time in Spain with MH, so aire searching is a learning curve, which I leave to my navigator. She very rarely will she find a lemon.

Still at Playa Pita, chill here for a couple of days, very quiet. Altitude is 1100 metres, which is why you can see remnants of snow on the mountain peaks. Our next stop, which is a geological wonder, is not far, with a challenging run up to 1700+ metres 😳

IMG_5824.jpegIMG_5823.jpeg

Last edited:
Agreed, if you can find a wee gem for little or no money, then of course use it. This is our first time in Spain with MH, so aire searching is a learning curve, which I leave to my navigator. She very rarely will she find a lemon.
If we encounter a lemon, we peel it; well, actually, we pith off and find an alternative place to park up. :ROFLMAO:

We've taken a mainly new route this year, and this is only our 3rd trip with Brunhilde, so pretty much everything is new to us, and there are bound to be disappointments as well as the triumphs of stumbling across a wee gem of a place ...

Steve

Pour a large gin Steve, then park the lemon in the 🥃

Last edited:
Laguna Negro, at an altitude of just under 2000 metres, this geological wonder formed by glacier is mind blowing. Not far from the lovely Spanish village of Vineusa where we stopped for lunch which was disgusting, we headed up to the Laguna, a road not for the faint hearted, hairpins and 10% gradients, we got there fairly easily, praying not to meet a tourist bus on the way up or down. I carried on up to view the waterfall, I got above 2000 Mts on the way up. I had to negotiate deep snow, then it started to get dangerous imo. I did manage some good shots though.

IMG_5832.jpegIMG_5837.jpegIMG_5835.jpegIMG_5840.jpegIMG_5839.jpegIMG_5841.jpegIMG_5842.jpeg

We had a great fish supper in the Dolphin Cafe at Peterhead Harbour after our visit to the prison today, Terry. One of the best fish suppers going I reckon!! Just saying.

Last edited:
We had a great fish supper in the Dolphin Cafe at Peterhead Harbour after our visit to the prison today, Terry. One of the best fish suppers going I reckon!!
Mental note taken Tony, at the opposite end of the country, Sandy’s at Folkestone Harbour ranks very high in the Fish&Chips I have had, I recommend it if you find yourself heading to the tunnel.

Now stop it, I’m about to get stuck in to more rabbit 🐰 food for tea 😫

Back