2024 France/Spain Tour.

Mental note taken Tony, at the opposite end of the country, Sandy’s at Folkestone Harbour ranks very high in the Fish&Chips I have had, I recommend it if you find yourself heading to the tunnel.

Now stop it, I’m about to get stuck in to more rabbit 🐰 food for tea 😫
Enjoy!

Mental note taken Tony, at the opposite end of the country, Sandy’s at Folkestone Harbour ranks very high in the Fish&Chips I have had, I recommend it if you find yourself heading to the tunnel.

Now stop it, I’m about to get stuck in to more rabbit 🐰 food for tea 😫
Horace's Fish Bar at Newhaven (run by Dave!) is a wee gem. Pensioner special Fish and chips, and he will fill a flask with hot water, perfect for that 0530 cup of coffee if you take the night sailing!

Steve

BVS Albarracine, aire £12, including WiFi, EHU, sinks for washing dishes, and wait for it, there is a washing machine for you to wash your clothes. The tumble dryer is the sun.
What a find!!

IMG_5869.jpegIMG_5870.jpegIMG_5871.jpegIMG_5872.jpeg

One for Tony, some fascinating geology here, some pics and just outside the aire are samples on display, which show various sea sponges etc. You don’t get good fossil examples like this at MH’r meet. 😂

IMG_5907.jpegIMG_5906.jpegIMG_5902.jpegIMG_5905.jpegIMG_5901.jpegIMG_5899.jpegIMG_5898.jpegIMG_5896.jpegIMG_5895.jpeg

I did my geology degree at Exeter Uni and our local fossil hunting ground was the Jurassic Coast but we also went on loads of field trips around the UK. I used to have a super collection of ammonites, graptolites, fossil fish, sharks teeth, etc but unfortunately most of them have gone as a result of various house moves both here and overseas.
If we can escape from France this year, Terry, I might see if we can get down to that part of the world as it looks really interesting.
I have encountered quite a few old fossils at MH’r meets but they’ve all been people (with apologies to all attendees!).

I did my geology degree at Exeter Uni and our local fossil hunting ground was the Jurassic Coast but we also went on loads of field trips around the UK. I used to have a super collection of ammonites, graptolites, fossil fish, sharks teeth, etc but unfortunately most of them have gone as a result of various house moves both here and overseas.
If we can escape from France this year, Terry, I might see if we can get down to that part of the world as it looks really interesting.
I have encountered quite a few old fossils at MH’r meets but they’ve all been people (with apologies to all attendees!).
Tony, the area certainly ranks along side Ras Mohamed National Park, Sinia, Egypt, for good examples of fossil material. IMO worth the extra journey south.

Toured the whole town by foot today, it really is a beautiful medieval fortress town, we got to the high fortifications, the actual castle is lower on the edge of the old houses. Every corner turned was a new picture waiting to be taken. If any members find themselves in this area, you need to visit for at least two days.

IMG_5943.jpegIMG_5936.jpegIMG_5933.jpegIMG_5922.jpegIMG_5921.jpegIMG_5930.jpegIMG_5939.jpegIMG_5935.jpeg

Roman aqueduct of Segovia, Is worth a visit went there about 8 years ago when we was doing a charity run for cancer did't have long there. long enough to have a breakfast at €20, under the aqueduct

Unfortunately we are heading towards Valencia, where Segovia is SW of our current position, noted though for our next trip, thanks 👍

Back