Adventureb4Dementia3

I did mean a copy. Although Jan is always nice to mešŸ™„

your in real trouble now lee jan is going to be nice to you ( perish the thought) to see if youā€™ll do her a copy lol
Does she want an A4 size or one the same as the sunset for the van.

It looks good, I've just had pangs of envy.
I see the flowers have finished.
Oh well back to staring at the painting on the wall I suppose.
šŸ™„šŸ˜šŸ˜£šŸ˜„

Itā€™s been in the 30ā€™s the last couple of days. Looks set for the next week or so. Only another week to top up the tan.
Then itā€™s time to call it over. šŸ˜„. This time next Sunday, the van will be loaded, everything in place, ready for an early start Monday morning.
Hopefully, the lockdown instructions might have eased by then.
Looking forward to an uneventful trip home. Nervous about getting into, Spain, France? Not a bit. Folkestone to Northampton? Thatā€™s the bit that worries me. Thereā€™s been so many horror stories about having the audacity of driving a camper in the uk.
Stay safe

Perhaps you could use your time this week to make a couple of Morrisons stickers for the van.
Seriously you are on motorway for the majority of the journey, you should find it ok.
It might be worth a sign for the rear window saying repatriating to UK, as some lorry drivers can be a bit naughty and cut in a bit early.
I know quite a lot of time has passed but we had no problems at all.
I've just finished the second picture, so i can send one to Ken, for him to stare longingly at.
Safe travels.

Perhaps you could use your time this week to make a couple of Morrisons stickers for the van.
Seriously you are on motorway for the majority of the journey, you should find it ok.
It might be worth a sign for the rear window saying repatriating to UK, as some lorry drivers can be a bit naughty and cut in a bit early.
I know quite a lot of time has passed but we had no problems at all.
I've just finished the second picture, so i can send one to Ken, for him to stare longingly at.
Safe travels.
Being cut up by LGV drivers. I remember that from CJ's video. Rear windows are heavily tinted. I was going to make one to showout of the cab side window.
Second picture? Possibly of a third?

I'll get the paints out.

Just to let you know we came over Portuguese border about an hour and half ago. Spanish police got us to put both our names, passport number and van reg on a form in duplicate. Took it away, stamped and authorized, did not even see our ticket for tunnel. Make sure you have masks to put on when in Spain and Portugal if stopping for food or fuel....can be bought at pharmacy or post office in Portugal for cost price! Hand sanitizer too, worth buying there for trip back as not allowed to make a profit whereas UK...!!!

Saying goodbye to Brenda and Norman tonight. Theyā€™re leaving tomorrow morning, Viv and HĆ„kan leave on Wednesday*. Peace and quiet at last.šŸ™„. Iā€™ll be away sometime between the weekend and Monday, depending on supplies. It doesnā€™t make sense to travel miles for a bit of shopping, only to have to do it all again a couple of days later. Seems a bit of a shame, as the weather has picked up.
Another glorious day. Sorry, I know it sounds like Iā€™m rubbing it in. But it is so nice. If you like the sun that is. Doesnā€™t suit everyone.
Stay safe
* Got an invite to visit Scandinavia. Bloody VikingsšŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬

[/QUOTE]
You realise it never gets dark up there on the summer months and they embrace nudity.
Is the world ready for Del in the nude?
šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜

I was asked what I was wearing. ā€œWhyā€, said I.
ā€œ ā€˜Cos what ever it was, it needed ironingā€. šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ™„

• Funny
Reactions: Lee
Crossed into France, waved papers ( ticket and attestation) , they were very disinterested, traffic light except for border queue but even that was five mins max! Sun is glorious!
Missing Portugal already! Definitely worth stocking van up with supplies for journey, Del, not many shops open on main routes and even petrol stations shops not open. Can't use cash at tolls in France and Spain, cards only. Prepaid don't work.
Fuel 1.02 Portugal intermarche, and same Spain. First sign in France said 1.38 A63 so fill up just before border. (Diesel)

Last edited:
You realise it never gets dark up there on the summer months and they embrace nudity.
Is the world ready for Del in the nude?
šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜
[/QUOTE]
Yes we stayed at ALTA Crossbane . A car with 3 youngish adults arrived
All out
Clothes Off
Run to the lake for a quick did
Run back and off
Didn't have time to get my camera out ! (or anything else)

Crossed into France, waved papers ( ticket and attestation) , they were very disinterested, traffic light except for border queue but even that was five mins max! Sun is glorious and traffic light!
Missing Portugal already! Definitely worth stocking van up with supplies for journey, Del, not many shops open on main routes and even petrol stations shops not open. Can't use cash at tolls in France and Spain, cards only. Prepaid don't work.
Fuel 1.02 Portugal intermarche, and same Spain. First sign in France said 1.38 A63 so fill up just before border. (Diesel)
Great advice. Thanks so much. I know Iā€™ll have to top up my lpg, Iā€™ll do the same on diesel. And top up when I can while in Spain.
Have fuel prices come down in England, or are we still being ripped off?
Talking about ripped off. Why are face masks so expensive? Could it be that the people who stocked up on loo rolls, pasta and the like are cornering the market for masks ? šŸ˜·

Have only worn mask once, at Spanish border. And then did not get near anyone anyway. But homemade mask cut from bottom of tshirt about 15x15 folded and an elastic band on each end will make one. Something like this
https://www.youtube.com ā€ŗ watch
DIY NO SEW Face mask from T-shirt sleeve | 5 minutes | Maison Zizou - YouTube

We went for a walk from our parking space in Vendome this evening and we're all legal with digital form, only thing had trouble with was UK postcode but it accepted the numbers with an extra zero! Link to form is on this page...
We try and fill with fuel as soon as we arrive in Spain and just as we leave, looking to fill again tomorrow and use that french site to find the cheapest nearby...looks like it is about 1.14 in supermarkets here.
N10 was clear most of the way, went A10 Poitiers to exit 18 past Tours, loads of speed limits due to roadworks and single lane....would have been easier to do D910!!
Parking is tight on Aires ( lorries and maybe us getting there later) and laybys but just off the main roads poi are ok and no objections from anyone.
Last leg tomorrow stopping Aire de Bai Somme which is only four hours away so nice easy day.

Just been considering going straight to train today as they would let us on early, but decided against as family have been promised we will shout as we pass, which would be later, Canterbury park and ride closed so would be a later drive back to Suffolk and no gain. Will just have easy day today! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just been considering going straight to train today as they would let us on early, but decided against as family have been promised we will shout as we pass, which would be later, Canterbury park and ride closed so would be a later drive back to Suffolk and no gain. Will just have easy day today! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I considered leaving tomorrow and taking a steady drive home,like the couple who left yesterday, Brenda and Norman. Call it nervous, lazy, bone idle or whatever. I know thereā€™s no problem stopping here for as long as I like. Having to find more park ups than absolutely necessary seems a bit of a faff. Getting old, maybe. Iā€™ll take the easier way, and leave as planned on Monday, and drive direct to Calais over 3 or 4 days .
Besides, Iā€™m almost on the voters register here now.lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back