'Eco-Worthy' lithium batteries

The latest. On the eco worthy batteries seems Ian has managed to get a lot of orders and now eco worthy are sorting out a deal for him
The bulk of the batteries being 280 Amp .

Must collect from the warehouse is one of the conditions .
Should know today or tomorrow on a final price ..for each one .
I did mean to update this I got two x 280 amp batteries for the price of £ 620. Inc vat .Brand new.
My mate managed to order a little over 200 of them. Power buying I guess .. no pun intended

However that included collection with his friends lorry. So collection and fuel were in the price we all paid .
Seems most have gone to people that own narrow boats in some cases as many as 4 each for a few boats and very few for motorhomes .
Two caravans …

Then again there will be some that will be sold on at the full price at £550 each buy some of the bulk buyers. Guess there all in it to make money.

However there not heated and for what the whole lithium system has cost me I am not complaining ..
I should have bought a few more myself however there all now gone …

Ian has no plans to get any more .

IMG_0464.jpeg

I see a lot of folk getting Lithium for their boats, but very often they are adding Lithium to their existing Lead setups and not switching (there are very good reasons not to go full Lithium on a boat).
Tend to be narrowboats where there is no point removing the lead batteries - especially if they still work - as if you did, you would only have to go and buy some bricks to put in their place to provide the ballast, but also seeing boats with Lead and Lithium combos - got Adriatic cruisers and Greek yachts with that setup (one added 4 x Fogstar Drift 480ah batteries to join the existing Lead Bank).

I understand quite a few have gone to narrow boats. Some as having 4 x. 280 amp batteries at a time.

Got a feeling some have gone to narrowboat manufacturing. Companies as well ..

I see Fogstar are reacting (presumably) to Eco Worthy and are bringing out an Eco battery that has none of the extras but at a cheaper price. £499.99 for a 305Ah battery. Should be ready for shipping in August

Lithiums have very much become a commodity product. Just buy a bunch of cells and a cheap BMS and all you need is a pre-made case to stick them in and voilá ... got a Lithium Battery.
How well is it screwed together though?

My DIY LFP pack uses 304ah cells. Buying eight cells and BMS direct from China costs about £800. As four cells in series are required for a 12v system this provides 608ah (~£1.35/ah).
Weight - very light, 44kg (~ 13ah/kg)
Space - These eight cells take up the same space as two 12v 90ah batteries so very compact.
Usable capacity without rapid degradation - ~ 90-95% (~ £1.50/ah)
Charge/discharge efficiency ~ 95%Capability to cope with high loads - very good
Battery life - 15yrs+ assuming good BMS protection. Unless heavily used cycle life limits unlikely to be reached.

My DIY LFP pack uses 304ah cells. Buying eight cells and BMS direct from China costs about £800. As four cells in series are required for a 12v system this provides 608ah (~£1.35/ah).
Weight - very light, 44kg (~ 13ah/kg)
Space - These eight cells take up the same space as two 12v 90ah batteries so very compact.
Usable capacity without rapid degradation - ~ 90-95% (~ £1.50/ah)
Charge/discharge efficiency ~ 95%Capability to cope with high loads - very good
Battery life - 15yrs+ assuming good BMS protection. Unless heavily used cycle life limits unlikely to be reached.
That's pretty cheap! I've considered doing similar but couldn't find the cells at the right price and would be wary of parting with £800 direct to China so I take my hat off to you!
Out of interest what's the spec on your chosen BMS?

Lithiums have very much become a commodity product. Just buy a bunch of cells and a cheap BMS and all you need is a pre-made case to stick them in and voilá ... got a Lithium Battery.
How well is it screwed together though?
in this instance presumably as well put together as all their more expensive battery. Its got the Fogstar name on it and they have commissioned them so...

I just didn't have the room to do a hybrid system in Murky, so now it's 100% Lithium (home assemble) 404Ah. It ran the fridge last night with no problems. Setting up the charge voltage and BMS settings have been fussier than with lead. If all is well in a couple of weeks I'll have a couple of 6 volt trojan T105's looking for a new home.

Mark

That's pretty cheap! I've considered doing similar but couldn't find the cells at the right price and would be wary of parting with £800 direct to China so I take my hat off to you!
Out of interest what's the spec on your chosen BMS?
This was my 4th purchase from China direct. Previously spending between £3.5k and £4k on 32 cells each time for three 30kwh off-grid packs. No issues but plan ahead as delivery typically takes at least 8 weeks. I test each cell for capacity. Using a well respected retailer usually provides better actual Ah figures. This order resulted in all cells exceeding spec (305.4 - 309.2 Ah).
The BMS is a JK 200A (4S-8S) with 2A balancing. I used the 16S version for all my 48v off-grid systems. I think that they are the best. View 'Andy's Off-grid Garage' YouTube channel for a masterclass.

This was my 4th purchase from China direct. Previously spending between £3.5k and £4k on 32 cells each time for three 30kwh off-grid packs. No issues but plan ahead as delivery typically takes at least 8 weeks. I test each cell for capacity. Using a well respected retailer usually provides better actual Ah figures. This order resulted in all cells exceeding spec (305.4 - 309.2 Ah).
The BMS is a JK 200A (4S-8S) with 2A balancing. I used the 16S version for all my 48v off-grid systems. I think that they are the best. View 'Andy's Off-grid Garage' YouTube channel for a masterclass.
Yeh, I've watched quite a few of his videos, I like his approach and the way he tells it like it is, if he cut out the pointless waffle he'd be perfect but he's far from alone in pointless waffling, in fact many are worse 😩
With that BMS capable of both do you use 24v in the van or did you stick with 12?

Yeh, I've watched quite a few of his videos, I like his approach and the way he tells it like it is, if he cut out the pointless waffle he'd be perfect but he's far from alone in pointless waffling, in fact many are worse 😩
With that BMS capable of both do you use 24v in the van or did you stick with 12?
I find it very hard to watch Andy. He waffles on and verges off-track even more than I would - and I wouldn't watch myself on YouTube :D

Andy has done a few on Sodium battery, not sure if anyone else has watched them or not. Conclusion was intersting for anyone thinking they may be of use in a van lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back