Fishing

They're mackerel alright and isn't it interesting to see how fishing attire has not changed much since the 1930s ;)

Oh, how I wish I'd thought of that, Chris.
Or possibly ...……… 'I've got a photo of my Grandad dressed just like that'.

Colin :):):)

Despite the headwind we had a few fish yesterday and after last nights blow there should be a bit of a sea running this morning.
High water's not till about lunchtime, and the three hours from about halfway up to full tide is when this beach seems to fish best for me. So not much point in an early start!

It was a great day despite not being 100% I still had fun and got fish in the fridge.

Taken a few mackies, returned bass and garfish, wind has made casting hard work, but he who dares ........... gets wet feet :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t worry I will find a bait shop in Folkestone or on route ?thanks again for a great couple of days fishing though it was hard work in the wind I thoroughly enjoyed it we are now further along the coast at Selsey, Bill has gone of with Derby to find Bill ??

That's good, worth chucking a lure as well? (y)
Ok so how many bearing is good I spent hours in a fishing tackle shop looking at rods reels and the bloke behind the counter giving me lessons on weights, sizes and rods and lines very informative not sure how much sinks in lo but I suspect a little each time the guy says Shakespeare are one of the better makes of reels, I having as much fun asking questions and getting answers about all the tackle side of fishing as I do actually fishing lol

Ok so how many bearing is good I spent hours in a fishing tackle shop looking at rods reels and the bloke behind the counter giving me lessons on weights, sizes and rods and lines very informative not sure how much sinks in lo but I suspect a little each time the guy says Shakespeare are one of the better makes of reels, I having as much fun asking questions and getting answers about all the tackle side of fishing as I do actually fishing lol

Short answer - the more bearings the better. The more people you talk to the better, cos everyone has their own way of doing things. (y)
Expect a report in the morning please :)

Ho
Short answer - the more bearings the better. The more people you talk to the better, cos everyone has their own way of doing things. (y)
Expect a report in the morning please :)
w many bearing are in that white reel I borrowed from you I haven’t received a link from you yet expect your busy eating mackerel ??

Ho

w many bearing are in that white reel I borrowed from you I haven’t received a link from you yet expect your busy eating mackerel ??

I sent you a couple of emails with links for reels and braid :confused:

That reel was a 4000 (size) with 5 bearings.

I'll pm the links if you didn't get my emails.

Frankly, Annie, I'm somewhat surprised that you have to spend so much time looking at so much tackle. Surely you've seen all you need to see already?
As I've said on many an occassion, your Bill is a very understanding man and you're a very fortunate lady indeed.

Colin ???

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back