Fishing

Well I had a go on my own last night after a few failed to launch attempts I managed a few good casts though the sea was still very choppy didn’t quite get my knot right then another fisherman showed me another way of tying them so all was not lost today he is going to do me diagrams of how to make up the hooky things a slightly different way to the way you did them Chris I didn’t know men that fish had jewelry boxes full of beads and things he’s bringing them over today so I can have a go and then we will fish a couple of hours either side of the high tide mark.

Well I had a go on my own last night after a few failed to launch attempts I managed a few good casts though the sea was still very choppy didn’t quite get my knot right then another fisherman showed me another way of tying them so all was not lost today he is going to do me diagrams of how to make up the hooky things a slightly different way to the way you did them Chris I didn’t know men that fish had jewelry boxes full of beads and things he’s bringing them over today so I can have a go and then we will fish a couple of hours either side of the high tide mark.

Well done Annie, lots of different rigs, traces, knots etc, so learn as much as you can, then you can show me on your next trip down yere. ;)

It's a learning curve Annie.

Most of my sea fishing has been done from a boat which is a different ball game. Chris has shown me some of the basics of beach casting and I'm looking forward to getting more into it.

Sitting in Tesco car park after a couple of hours at Exmouth. Weed, weed and more weed, still it was a smashing morning with the moon reflecting on the water. Take a few days before the weed settles cos it's rising tides. ☹️

Not too many weeds here but a torrential downpour yesterday put paid to any fishing but Saturday was great but still only got the two baby bass that I put back, the sun is out today so may have another bash today with my new rod and reel.

My lad sent me this pic last evening - 2 bass on the same lure!
He was fishing one of his favourite spots near Teignmouth when, in his words, 'they went mad'.
Only lasted a couple of hours, but makes up for all the blanks.

1537853394129.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back