France/ Spain trip with possibly Portugal.

I had to get up 3 times last night to visit the loo, so I had lots of issues ... :rolleyes:

Steve
Cheap Red plonk will do that I am working on an invention that extracts the alcohol from cassettes and makes it potable few failures so far but when the big pussy spots recede I will perfect the formula and offer samples on the forum.

Yeah! Not going with the van but just booked a flight to Porto for end April! Prices during Easter holidays were ridiculous. Car hire for 17 days, taxi to airport...works out pretty similar to driving out but time scale too short this time. At least we will be able to clear the land, and it should be warm....

Set off yesterday lunch time making our way to Santander for the ferry. Stayed at an Aire in Pinto, next to a large Mall and a lovely park, it had full facilities for emptying and filling the motorhome, there was about 6 motorhomes staying over night. Le clerc petrol station next to it and washing and drying machines. It cost us €6.50 for the night. It's about 20km south of Madrid. There is a Warner Bros theme park there.

We have just stopped off for some lunch in Olmillos de Sasamon, just parked by the castle that is a hotel, there are rubbish bins here and you can empty and top up at the petrol station. Heading for the animal park for the night close to Santander, I believe the stopover is free but no facilities. We are hoping to visit the safari park tomorrow, looks like admission is €20 each, has anyone been there at all.

IMG_20230320_144845.jpgIMG_20230320_144855.jpgIMG_20230320_145343.jpgIMG_20230320_145416.jpgIMG_20230320_145529.jpgIMG_20230320_145612.jpgIMG_20230320_145652.jpgIMG_20230320_145655.jpgScreenshot_2023-03-20-15-31-34-407_fr.tramb.park4night.jpgScreenshot_2023-03-20-15-32-38-502_fr.tramb.park4night.jpg

Arrived at the motorhome area at Cabarceno park, still 19° at 6.00pm, just a few motorhomes here, lovely and quiet apart from the birds singing, but we are used to that at home. Roads were very quiet again, driven nearly 600 miles in two days and not seen a single traffic jam, so looking forward to driving home on the M6. 🤔😭

IMG_20230320_184026.jpgIMG_20230320_184038.jpgIMG_20230320_184056.jpgIMG_20230320_184116.jpgIMG_20230320_184126.jpgIMG_20230320_184135.jpg
IMG_20230320_184030.jpg

Arrived at the motorhome area at Cabarceno park, still 19° at 6.00pm, just a few motorhomes here, lovely and quiet apart from the birds singing, but we are used to that at home. Roads were very quiet again, driven nearly 600 miles in two days and not seen a single traffic jam, so looking forward to driving home on the M6. 🤔😭
7 degrees in Fife and a bitter wind chill. And, just for good measure, at some stage during the recent insurance repairs with contractors running in and out of the flat, leaving every door open, the bloody mice are back! So, it's 'Marchie v. The Mice, The Vengeance' with a pair of new Traps to complement the existing pair, all stacked with butter mixed with hot chocolate powder, as a last meal before the chop ... :mad:

Steve

7 degrees in Fife and a bitter wind chill. And, just for good measure, at some stage during the recent insurance repairs with contractors running in and out of the flat, leaving every door open, the bloody mice are back! So, it's 'Marchie v. The Mice, The Vengeance' with a pair of new Traps to complement the existing pair, all stacked with butter mixed with hot chocolate powder, as a last meal before the chop ... :mad:

Steve
Wow, hope you manage to get rid of the little buggers, I had a spell of them in a property I rented out, they had chewed the electrical cables, made a right bloody mess. Just looked at the forecast, temperature not to bad but wind and rain to welcome us Thursday when we land. Booked an Alaska cruise in May, so being back in the UK for a month will hopefully acclimatise us, ready for the colder climate there.

Wow, hope you manage to get rid of the little buggers, I had a spell of them in a property I rented out, they had chewed the electrical cables, made a right bloody mess. Just looked at the forecast, temperature not to bad but wind and rain to welcome us Thursday when we land. Booked an Alaska cruise in May, so being back in the UK for a month will hopefully acclimatise us, ready for the colder climate there.
If your cruise involves calling at Icy Strait, there's a fabulous Whale Watching Tour [6 people max] that'll blow your mind while freezing your dangly bits off. I can have a hunt round for the details if you like

Steve

DSC_0058 (2) [Desktop Resolution].jpgDSC_0059 (3) [Desktop Resolution].jpg

If your cruise involves calling at Icy Strait, there's a fabulous Whale Watching Tour [6 people max] that'll blow your mind while freezing your dangly bits off. I can have a hunt round for the details if you like

Steve

View attachment 66331View attachment 66332
Yes please I have booked with Holland America to go out on one of the boats used in the deadliest catch in Ketchikan, where you participate catching crabs, we have booked a train tour in Skagway was thinking of booking a whale watching tour in a small boat at Juneau, plus you get to walk on a glacier.

Yes please I have booked with Holland America to go out on one of the boats used in the deadliest catch in Ketchikan, where you participate catching crabs, we have booked a train tour in Skagway was thinking of booking a whale watching tour in a small boat at Juneau, plus you get to walk on a glacier.
I deleted a lot of emails when I changed my laptop 5 months ago, so the detail has evaporated. But I have worked out that we used Alaska Shore Excursions [they were quite a small outfit in 2018!] who, in turn, used a couple of local fishermen to offer 6 place small boats [ours had a Yamaha outboard and only open seating! Think the fishing boat in the original 'Jaws; film!]. I suspect the pandemic killed the really small scale stuff, but I think Alaska Shore Excursions offer boats with 13 or 14 places. I would certainly use them again!

Sorry I couldn't find my more detailed records [was sure that I had a photo of the ticket!]. If it's any help, we walked to the main Tourist Office in a small park, exited via the back door and walked a further 300 or 400 metres to a small car park where a minibus collected us and drove a short distance to the Jetty where the Captain took us on board. There were a couple of small bottles of water for sharing, and nothing much else, but the very small boat got us closer than any of the larger, more comfortable boats [we were within 100m, and the Captain was skilled enough to give us 2 seconds notice of when and where the whale would break the surface, so switch off the 'picture preview' option and just leave the shutter depressed, aim and hope!

Steve

we went round carbeceno a few years ago fantastic experience cable cars running right across the site over the enclosures and 26kms of roads inside the place , €20 sounds very cheap was nearer €40 when we went but worth every penny

we went round carbeceno a few years ago fantastic experience cable cars running right across the site over the enclosures and 26kms of roads inside the place , €20 sounds very cheap was nearer €40 when we went but worth every penny
It's only €20 as it's still low season, going to go in tomorrow as we have a day to kill before catching the ferry.

Enjoy Alaska! Have you been before? It’s amazing, we loved it! Certainly felt like ‘the last frontier’ sometimes!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back