Lochore Meadows Country Park
Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 12:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
A little question ... can you use a Kayak on Loch Ore?
I'm sure there's a launching area opposite the small car park [where overnight campers pitch their small tents] that adjoins the Rally Field [about 25m from the single toilet/changing room]

Steve

Hi Gordon so so sorry I cannot are this meet got some sort of eye infection while down in Hertford so going home to get it looked at hope you all have a great mee.

I'm sure there's a launching area opposite the small car park [where overnight campers pitch their small tents] that adjoins the Rally Field [about 25m from the single toilet/changing room]

Steve
As far as I'm aware yes go onto the web and all leisure activities are on there
I gave them a call (https://active.fife.scot/activities/activity-pages/adventure-activities) and you can launch a kayak or canoe at your own risk onto the Loch and there is no charge for doing this, but there is a £2 charge for using the shower facilities nearby if you needed to.

I might be coming to join you all at the weekend if there is room :)

I gave them a call (https://active.fife.scot/activities/activity-pages/adventure-activities) and you can launch a kayak or canoe at your own risk onto the Loch and there is no charge for doing this, but there is a £2 charge for using the shower facilities nearby if you needed to.

I might be coming to join you all at the weekend if there is room :)
Well, David, if you do, you could bring a pair of ABB07s and a couple of Hispeed USBs and cover your Rally Fees! God loves a trier, as the saying has it ... (y)

Steve

Possibly in the wrong place but someone at the meet might be interested...

I have my Intex Explorer K2 Kayak with me as many will have seen (bright yellow thing :) ) and it has been fun to use on Loch Ore today.
But .... it is a two-person version and I found after originally buying it that the proposed 2nd person (the OH) is more likely to fly to the moon then get in a canoe. It is certainly usable with one on board but I have decided to switch to a 1-man version and have just bought the Explorer K1 model instead. I got another Intex one as I think the quality is superb.

So this K2 one is available for immediate sale at just £75. Usually £150 but Amazon have it listed for £130, so you would save nearly £50 even off the Amazon Price with mine, which only hit the water for the very first time today, so is essentially brand new with the bag,pump,oars,everything!
Can be taken away at the meet (and although it is a private sale, I can take payment via credit card if that helps :) )

This is the kayak here - https://amzn.to/3sLOoF2

Heading off shortly from Loch Ore. Very nice place and very likely to come back here in the near future 😀

Thanks to Gordon for arranging the meet and nice to meet up with both some old and new faces :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back