Posted by moonshadow
Southampton Rd, Lymington
Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 02:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 10:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
hello , yes RoaminRog it will be our first meet so not sure what goes on at these events, been a member for a while but been too busy with work to do much touring but retired now at 60 and getting out a bit more now. we aren't party animals or into very late nights and loud disco music our ears are past that now, a couple pints off john smiths bitter and am yarning my head off by midnight and my missis. are these meetings off all ages or generally middle to late aged like old timers like me,

Will put you down for New Forest when I have finished this. Sorry about delay but 8 hour time difference. Your question about ages, I would say the majority are middle age upwards but not all. The entrance to New Forest is a right hand turn through a farm gate from 2 lane road so you shouldn’t have any problems. Nothing organised for this meet but we share the field with a car boot on the Sunday. As long as the field isn’t tinder dry there will be the usual fire in the evenings. Pubs just up the road.

hello , yes RoaminRog it will be our first meet so not sure what goes on at these events, been a member for a while but been too busy with work to do much touring but retired now at 60 and getting out a bit more now. we aren't party animals or into very late nights and loud disco music our ears are past that now, a couple pints off john smiths bitter and am yarning my head off by midnight and my missis. are these meetings off all ages or generally middle to late aged like old timers like me,
I’m quite sure you will both have a lovely time.
I just wasn’t sure how many goats to order for your Initiation Ceremoney!
Welcome along and really looking forward to meeting you both.

Hi everyone, please add us to the list for this one. Great wildlife in the New Forrest and fond memories of previous camping trips!

If dog friendly please book me in for this meeting
The site is Strawberry Fields, the entrance is by the two bus stops and there is a big sign advertising the Sunday car boot sale.

This is in a field, water and toilets/toilet emptying. Pub in walking distance, and a vineyard. Fees are £7 per unit per night. Hoping to organise a fish and chip van for the Saturday evening. There will be a fire unless we have a super hot summer again, in which case it's not feasible. There is a bus to Brockenhurst/Southampton and Lymington which stops at the gate. For those who fancy venturing to foreign parts, the Isle of Wight Ferry is just under 4 miles away. There is parking for motorhomes in their overflow car park and we have the timetable and fare information. There is a very big car boot sale on site on the Sunday morning. More details to follow.

The list

1. Moonshadow
2. Lands43
3. Campervanannie
4. Roamin Rog
5. Andromeda
6. Lee
7. 4x4man
8. Peter51
9. Juliet
10. Ex-Windsurfer
11. Nabsim
12. Chrisb1701
13. Jenrai
14. MykCamper
15. Horace
16. Skyline
17. Timberman
18. Hilsmac
19. Nimmo777
21. Phil
22. SydnSue
23. Dorwyn
24. Pilsleyavondale
25. Ian1950
26. Salvage1
27. Dot
28. Antiquesam
29. Billyhilly
30. Mark135
31. Hamishhymer

Hi, you’re booked at no. 20. The meet, as all meets, are dog friendly but they must be kept under control. See you there!

We have just had the most fabulous meal at The Filly Inn, which is about a mile from Strawberry Fields.
If anyone would like to join us, we intend to return on the evening of Wednesday 10th July, the evening before the Meet.
Overnight parking is free for patrons and you can be assured of a very friendly welcome.
The food is not the cheapest but absolutely beautiful and well worth the money.
It might be wise to let the pub know whose planning to arrive, so please let me know if you fancy the idea, and I will let them know.
The Filly Inn
Lymington Road
Brockenhurst
SO42 7UF

N50.78667, W001.56320

Last edited:
Hello everyone, We've been members for a while, occasionally using the POIs, but now I've retired we think we should get to some gatherings. Can you please book us in for the New Forest meet, though in addition to the van we'll have a little car as Jo will be coming along independently after work - she still toils to keep me in the style to which I am accustomed. We look forward to meeting other members. Thanks, Tony & Jo

Hi Tony & Jo, That's fine but the car may have to be parked away from the van in order to keep the MHs together. Rather depends on the number of vans at the time. Sue & Martin

Hi Tony & Jo, That's fine but the car may have to be parked away from the van in order to keep the MHs together. Rather depends on the number of vans at the time. Sue & Martin
Thanks, Sue & Martin, No problem where we park the car. See you in the New Forest. Tony & Jo.

Hi Sue and Martin, just noticed tony and jo's comment about their car and we were hoping to put a tent alongside our van as we did at Banham zoo last year. Do you think we will find room for a tent ⛺️ to accommodate our teenage son and his friend?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back