Prostate Cancer

PSA level now 11.4 another mri booked

So how do they take a biopsy. Seems that’s next
Then there’s the kidney and other stuff to come. Life gets better every day 😂😂

Been told about lots that have gone wrong but nobody wants to say how it’s all sorted

Been told about lots that have gone wrong but nobody wants to say how it’s all sorted
This is worth a read

Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test​

This is worth a read

Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test​

Thanks been blood tested every week now since end of April PSA rising still

Just read how they take a sample.

Not looking forward to that now

Interesting thread.

Last edited:

Prob up bum and pushed through the sh-t tube to get a sample with small grip tool at the end, mine hade lots of blood on the res sheets after it.
You are strapped into a seat with legs up on a rest bar, injection around bum to numb, you wont feel anything, after 15 rest they make you go to the loo, when i was getting the prob half way through i said to the doc and nurses im still not telling you where i hide my money, this broke the ice and we had a good giggle.

I've had the bum biopsy twice for confirmation, not that unpleasant really imagine a stapler up there but without the imagined pain you'd expect, just the feeling of the spinners working, first time no issues second time I got sepsis so if you feel like never before such as disoriented and shaking etc ring 999 it's a killer but its unlikely to happen just be aware it can and does

I had the lymph node biopsy too, not recommended at all my groin is still numb on one side.

And I'd not volunteer for the perineum biopsy either.

Of course, best wishes for a good result to anyone having tests.

Prob up bum and pushed through the sh-t tube to get a sample with small grip tool at the end, mine hade lots of blood on the res sheets after it.
You are strapped into a seat with legs up on a rest bar, injection around bum to numb, you wont feel anything, after 15 rest they make you go to the loo, when i was getting the prob half way through i said to the doc and nurses im still not telling you where i hide my money, this broke the ice and we had a good giggle.
Is this the norm I mean have others had the same thing . Or is this just a one off

Afusozin.. been in it for 20 years.
Recently, they've put me on Duagen and Daflon ..... Strong medicine.. Worked well at first.

After 7 months I'm getting all of the side effects.
The Duagen has female hormones included.
If I look in a shoe shop window, I'm fancying pink, fluffy slippers.
I'm gradually
Reducing the dose.
The purple ones look more attractive, now.
Careful

Is this the norm I mean have others had the same thing . Or is this just a one off
I actually the strapping down bit is this in the procedure. For everyone ?

I have seen the report that gets sent along with the paper work
There are a number of items in this report that I thought only I knew about..

So it’s seems there’s a lot more than just your chest they look at when you go in an MRI been in one now no less than 5 times now
Started with emphysema .

Just question what they are putting up your bum if his hands are on your shoulders or hips.

Just sayin.

Well it took a few months after radiotherapy for things to calm down, but all is fine now ..

Feeling much better learning to live with hormone therapy..(fatigue)
Fitness is improving, living a normal ish life again.
Blood test in October just to check psa ..

Sight of your y fronts scared the sh-t out of the doctors, prob early case or little damage, everyone i speak to has had it.
Definitely not early, PSA was first picked up when I had a RTA flown to Plymouth where it was picked up did't tell me there which they should have 21/2 years later Doctor said he had miss the message from Plymouth took blood about 11am then at 6.30pm told me I had Pancreatic cancer two weeks later changed it to Prostate finally got into the cancer unit, They thought it might have got into my bones but luckily it hadn't. The only thing that went up my back end was a finger 6 weeks of Radiotherapy first 5 weeks ok Week 6 piss off with the taxi driver that was taking me, Drive me self said I got 2miles out of town did't know whether I was coming or going had to let her indoors drive and that WAS scary That was 2015

Last edited:
When I had a stay in hospital recently three patients came into the ward with sepsis, all being told that they were just in time to be treatable. If there’s any doubt you may have sepsis it’s definitely worth getting it checked promptly.
8 years ago today I had emergency surgery for sepsis after the wife was told I only had 3 hours to live without it. The next 48 hours were touch and go but I pulled through. All this happened after many visits to the hospital with no successful diagnosis and there had been no test for sepsis carried out. This has left me with many bad side effects and disabled. I would recommend anyone who gets admitted to hospital now asked to be tested for sepsis and don't take no for an answer.

Things have been moving on at a very fast pace. I have a pre op thing near the end of the month .

However in the middle of many medical things due to the fact of neglecting myself well sorting out family and setting them strait
So they have no or hopefully no problems as the lives continue.

So now it’s my time. Hopefully it’s not all too late to fix at least some stuff 👌

Last edited:
Back