Prostate Cancer

Should add that no symptoms at all except when I thought I had a UTI, be interesting to see the biopsy results!
That’s strange been looking at my medical records. And UTI seems to occur a lot over the years. .it has caused a few problems now I am older but nobody ever mentioned anything about it when I had it.
Or even decided to deal with it.

In my eyes everyone shoud have a medical in full every 6 mths, in the long run it would cut down on bigger probs down the line.

In my eyes everyone shoud have a medical in full every 6 mths, in the long run it would cut down on bigger probs down the line.
I never visited a doctor for 27 years now have all sorts but life goes on never regretted a second .
Well only the divorce bits. Twice. A slow leaner 😂😂

But even now I can still laugh at myself the mishaps accidents mistakes and illnesses .

My view is that you have to take care of you, then you can take care of others.

Been to Oncology today to see the radiation bod, looks like I'm going for 5 days for four weeks in a month or so and they're going to change my hormone jab to 3 monthly on the 20th, Liz is perhaps doing that one too, and I have the option of having it done at the local docs.

They are quite happy with the progress so far.

Me I have all my appointments like pre op and whatever now on hold I have to see the consultant .
For some reason they will not phone me and I was told today after another phone call I have to see him face to face .

No one is saying why. But a new closer appointment received today for the 18 June . But the letter also says it may well be an appointment that could be cancelled and brought further forward .

Sounds odd guess I will have to wait and see . Just can’t understand why a phone call is not in order..

Me I have all my appointments like pre op and whatever now on hold I have to see the consultant .
For some reason they will not phone me and I was told today after another phone call I have to see him face to face .

No one is saying why. But a new closer appointment received today for the 18 June . But the letter also says it may well be an appointment that could be cancelled and brought further forward .

Sounds odd guess I will have to wait and see . Just can’t understand why a phone call is not in order..

I wouldn't read too much into it. Depends where you are in the country and which hospital.
They don't tend to give out much information - good or bad - over the phone these days.
If it's a minion on the phone, and not the actual consultant, they definitely won't give out any info 🤷‍♀️

It's very much a postcode lottery on all kinds of treatments, operations and appointments, has been like this for a long while, but even more so just now.

The NHS is a bit creaky these days (understatement of the century!!! :cool: )

P.S. the junior doctors' strike (still not resolved) is still having an effect across all hospital services - I know this as visiting a friend who was in hospital last week and we were having a good natter with various hospital staff ...

Keep the faith guys ,there's light at the end of the tunel.
Only a few months ago I was told you have prostrate cancer, it's spread to lymph glands and other places not yet found , its terminal.
20 days radio therapy hormone treatment. it's contained for now .
Enjoying life again in our van ..just done 4 festivals now enjoying Scotland.

IMG-20240611-WA0004.jpeg

I am the opposite to you Kev I pee for England I must got about 10 to 15 times a day lolol
me too Ex. My Finasteride seems not to work nor my Emselex so I am still piddling every half hour or so. They don't seem to have any ill effects so I keep taking them. All long journeys are done in MH as I have a toilet in that but not in the car except an empty bottle in case of emergencies..

I mentioned ways I use to more empty (but never completely) has anyone tried either of them yet?

Since I dropped the Alfufozin down from 10mg once a day x 2.5mg to 3 times a day I definitely get nearer to a horse, but I won't worry many, as for peeing a lot I'm okay until I stand up then it's like unbending a hosepipe albeit a quite short one, and if I walk say 20 yards I'm usually good to go again but with better flow, so if I use all the above I am reasonably good during the day, and at night I have a 3 litre pee bottle (ex Formil wash soap) by the bed so I don't disturb Liz too much.

I would really like to get some sensible feedback on any part the above.

When I was at the reception desk in Oncology I noticed the chap booking me in had a name tag as does everyone these days, under his name it said "Him/He" I then noticed almost everyone else had the same type of name tag, so this ridiculous stupidity identity thing has invaded the NHS now, I wonder how much this has cost if it has gone nationwide.

Last edited:
I mentioned ways I use to more empty (but never completely) has anyone tried either of them yet?

Since I dropped the Alfufozin down from 10mg once a day x 2.5mg to 3 times a day I definitely get nearer to a horse, but I won't worry many, as for peeing a lot I'm okay until I stand up then it's like unbending a hosepipe albeit a quite short one, and if I walk say 20 yards I'm usually good to go again but with better flow, so if I use all the above I am reasonably good during the day, and at night I have a 3 litre pee bottle (ex Formil wash soap) by the bed so I don't disturb Liz too much.

I would really like to get some sensible feedback on any part the above.
Read goggle about double voiding.
They explained it to me at the radio therapy stage.

Basically have a pee .then walk around sort time then go again.

me too Ex. My Finasteride seems not to work nor my Emselex so I am still piddling every half hour or so. They don't seem to have any ill effects so I keep taking them. All long journeys are done in MH as I have a toilet in that but not in the car except an empty bottle in case of emergencies..
I am on Tamsulosin works for me makes going a lot easier and most nights now just up for a wee once. Opposed to every hour or less.
Now able to be empty but when I need to go then I need to go .

I normally wake 2-3 am have a pee, then go right back to sleep until 5-6 am when I need a pee (this is on a good night, 5 pees is not unheard of) I try to go back to sleep but I'm tossing and turning which wakes Liz who then starts tossing and turning or snores like a bull hefalump.

Had what I thought was a UTI about 12 months ago but urine test negative. GP did finger up bum and found hardening of prostate on one side and a pea sized nodule. PSA 0.8!! Refered for MRI which was inconclusive because of replacement hip interfering with image. Decided to have biopsy. Went for biopsy in September, different consultant, said why are you here? PSA 0.8 you don't need biopsy we'll just watch and wait. Next PSA in January 0.7! Worried that I might be getting wrong advice so discussed things with my GP who checked prostate which was still hardened and nodule still there. He suggested biopsy was only why to determine issue so am having biopsy on 30 May, this time will not be deterred! Oh yes I'm 74.
So biopsy came back clear😃. Seems I'm a bit unusual according to the Urology nurse that telephoned me with results. I have no symptoms, PSA 0.7 and normal size prostate. However I do still have hardening of one side of the prostate and a pea sized nodule for which there seems to be no explanantion. Back to monitoring for me. Feeling very relieved!

Back