Prostate Cancer

I was psa level 11 .2. But now. Psa level 18 .
Seeing the consultant on Tuesday .

That doesn't sound good but PSA can be misleading, it is only a guide at best, so don't jump off a bridge just yet.

That doesn't sound good but PSA can be misleading, it is only a guide at best, so don't jump off a bridge just yet.
Never thought of it. Due to see the consultant Tuesday. Not expecting really bad news. Bloods don’t show cancer.
The only thing I have heard is the the unruinal track is very ulcerated maybe that’s the problem. Still will know more soon.

I could be very lucky just back from the urology consultant .

Seems my prostrate is not as swollen as expected for Cancer.
It’s is enlarged but not that much . No other signs that might be cancer either As confirmed be an MRI .

A biopsy is booked and he said at the back of his mind it could be cancer
But he thinks it’s more likely an infection.

The psa levels at 18 plus he has said is NOT an indication of confirmed cancer no matter how high the psa is.

So all good news for me . On the other hand I did not feel ill and as by another post I made #303. I tried to discount cancer ..

He did say if the biopsy is not conclusive it would have to be done again.

So this thread has helped me. And I hope it goes on to help many others ..

The biopsy upheld bottom is ok, I usually have a chuckle with the nurses, but the perineum one is a *****, at least mine was, I'm allergic to the jab they give.

Question did everybody that had a biopsy have a catheter during the procedure .
Or is this another type of biopsy . No one has mentioned this so far apart from what’s in the information sheets .

Question did everybody that had a biopsy have a catheter during the procedure .
Or is this another type of biopsy . No one has mentioned this so far apart from what’s in the information sheets .
Never had one for any of them

Just reading this could be as options for differant procedures nothing personal here.
I think this is a standard information pack

IMG_0352.jpegIMG_0353.jpegIMG_0354.jpegIMG_0355.jpegIMG_0356.jpegIMG_0357.jpeg

Had page two about a year ago I think, not pleasant at all.

Off to Urology this afto, I'm getting moved to the three month hormone jab, I hope it isn't three times as uncomfortable as the one month one, quite a bit of pain after the first ones, but the one Liz did following the procedure from the makers was fine, it still hurt after a days or so but nothing like nurse administered ones.

All a bit tame really, we were in there 32 minutes, mostly talking about options, I was offered the three monthly jab and the same thing but a lower dose to see if I tolerate it due to my heart condition, I went for the test option, it seems to be more benign so far then the usual one so I go back on July 18th and see where we are, PSA is now down to 1.7 from 7.7 but as said it isn't a true indicator, it seems it can go into the thousands and you not have cancer at all.

Reactions: 2cv
Been living with it for a few days now.

No pain at the injection site but I've had a quite mild headache since Friday morning that isn't going away, quite tired all the time plus

1719042295794.png

Strange my symptoms are different. And been going on 12 plus years that makes me think it may not be cancer

Post #318. The joys of cut and paste

Back