Solar panels

Theses are the struts I am going to use in the summer .Just wish it would warm up so I can stick the plates to the roof .

4BB66ECD-1E9C-44C0-862E-49A24DB88E55.jpeg

• Well Done
Reactions: Lee
How will the sun get into the stairs ? Chris will go daft if you are cutting a hole in the hose food man ?

I got an extra 80 watts by tipping my panels whilst we were away last week. It went from 280W to 360W.

Although I did check and I had 439W at about 11am on Friday without tilting the panels.

panel.png

I didn’t think you could tilt any of yours Phil ?
My air suspension allows me to fully inflate the bags on one side and empty them on the other, this tilts the whole van to one side. This gives a little more tilt than just having them flat. So at this time of year when the sun is so low it can make a big difference.

I have no idea of the technicalities of this thread but just have visions of Phil sliding out of a seat as the van tips sideways!:eek:

Theses are the struts I am going to use in the summer .Just wish it would warm up so I can stick the plates to the roof .
They look very professional, I'm sure they will do an excellent job.
Patience as far as the weather is concerned and

Well I’ve got started on rearranging the solar panels. I’ve had to remove the front panel so that I can fit a wind deflector. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll take the other three panels off and bolt all four together, with strengtheners along the front and back to support them. By Tuesday I would like to think that I’ll have the panels refitted to the roof,along with the hinge mechanisms.
Here’s a couple of pictures for starters:-
why so many ? we manage whole winters off grid with one x150w

I like being warm so heating is running most of the time + I run a 110ltr compressor fridge + tv + lighting I don’t think you can have to much .400watts of solar +375amps of batteries.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back