This morning started with a bang

I am fine, home now. Low phosphate levels in my blood. I have been having some etopic heart beats and high heart rate. I was checked out by Paramedics on Wednesday and again at my Doctors this morning. GP told me that if I was ill I needed to ring 999. 140 bpm heart rate, nausea and nearly passing out made me decide to go to A&E.

Are they not under warranty or are they just too busy to sort it in time for you.
Mick at SAP is a great bloke and I have no doubt he is sorting it. The problem is that the van cannot be driven and they are in Doncaster. There is no way they would have done what I did today without it being in their workshops and up on ramps. I cannot have the van off the road for a long period.

Bloody hell Phil!
Let that be a lesson to you, you should leave it to the experts!
I think you should only have blocked the pipe, or folded it over and then left well enough alone until the professionals took over.
That could have got very nasty! Glad you’re ok.

Phil well done for being hands on and trying to get ahead of the game I’m like you and try to fix things out but bloody hell calm down man you’ve got even me worried about you and you’re Heath.

Is the new bag coming today? Is the van at Henley? We're in Bloxham for the weekend, I could come and put it back together tomorrow afternoon? Or should be able to free up some time Tuesday.

Don't be doing this on your own!

And what a time to have to do it with this weather as well! I wore myself up just lifting a few batteries around. That lot would have stressed anyone!

Bit of a shame that SAP aren't managing the repair. If the vehicle can't be recovered due to an airbag failing, and they can't replace the airbag outside of their facilities, what process have they got to sort out any problems like this?
Seems like a catch-22 situation the customer is stuck in :(

Hmm, Not sure if you should have tackled it on your own. Your health is more important. Next time risk assess it.
Hope you are feeling better now. Do you have a plan B for your next trip away ?

Mick at SAP is a great bloke and I have no doubt he is sorting it. The problem is that the van cannot be driven and they are in Doncaster. There is no way they would have done what I did today without it being in their workshops and up on ramps. I cannot have the van off the road for a long period.
I suspect that if it is VB AIR parts then the delay is with them and not with SAP. I got my semi air kit directly from VBAir but they supplied some bolts which were incorrect and they wouldn’t admit that they were wrong, eventually I had to source them myself and send the bill to the local agent in Blackburn who reimbursed me. Anyway hope you are ok, you need a young apprentice to do the lifting.

Phil how are you feeling today.
I missed the posts last night, have you found out when you are getting the new air bag.
If you need a hand give me a call and I'll pop over and give you or hopefully someone else a hand.

Thank you, everyone, for all your kind words. I am fine and my heart is fine. There is something affecting the signals to it, but it is not dangerous, it is not stopping, it is just freestyling.

I was not looking for sympathy, I was laying in the bed connected to the machines typing a message to explain my day, I wanted to explain how difficult the job had been "it nearly killed me" seemed funny. Then I took a photo of me looking dead.

Thank you for all the offers of help but I think I am sorted now.

I spoke to Mick at SAP this morning and he going to collect a bellow on Monday then coming down on Tuesday to refit it and help me put the van back together. He thinks that the bag delaminated and based on seeing the bag I agree with him.

It was certainly torn differently to the bags I’ve seen blowing out phil
Please take heed as to my message mate
Not being cheeky or ought .

Thank you, everyone, for all your kind words. I am fine and my heart is fine. There is something affecting the signals to it, but it is not dangerous, it is not stopping, it is just freestyling.

I was not looking for sympathy, I was laying in the bed connected to the machines typing a message to explain my day, I wanted to explain how difficult the job had been "it nearly killed me" seemed funny. Then I took a photo of me looking dead.

Thank you for all the offers of help but I think I am sorted now.

I spoke to Mick at SAP this morning and he going to collect a bellow on Monday then coming down on Tuesday to refit it and help me put the van back together. He thinks that the bag delaminated and based on seeing the bag I agree with him.

Great news for you, it must be a relief.
Now you can relax and concentrate on yourself .
See you at Wellington.

Take it steady Phil, as we age it's easy to forget we can't do what we used to.

One thought pops into my mind on a lighter note. Why could it not be driven with the air suspension deflated? I would imagine that the air bag has some kind of rubber bump stop in it? I wonder now if my half air Merc could suffer the same fate and leave me stranded?

Mark

Glad to hear your feeling ok nowm but not a good idea to do so many hours flat out,especially as the temperature is rising,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back