This morning started with a bang

Phil, glad you are making a recovery but it has to be a warning not to over do it in the future.
Take care.

Hope you feeling better! Had a few near misses myself trying to get on with it, with age comes wisdom and a pub lunch to break up the day.
Anything left over after the build up goes in the spares bucket it’ll come in handy sometime

Just caught up, take it easy Phil, let Mick do the heavy lifting on the Tuesday refit.

Take it steady Phil, as we age it's easy to forget we can't do what we used to.

One thought pops into my mind on a lighter note. Why could it not be driven with the air suspension deflated? I would imagine that the air bag has some kind of rubber bump stop in it? I wonder now if my half air Merc could suffer the same fate and leave me stranded?

Mark
You wouldn't want to drive any distance on the rubber bump stops, I had a Citroen BX with variable height suspension, when down on rubber stops it bumped around all over the place and was almost dragging on the ground, so difficult to get on a truck, other ways mentioned here about how to get it on the truck would have been better or swap bag where vehicle is, what Phil decided to do, an apparently easy job that turned out to be a pig.
Say a man who is moving home on his own, (with some help from GF), mostly next weekend, fortunately I have 4 weeks to do it all in, I have Luton for a couple of day for the big stuff. She tell me we aren't getting any younger, a fact she may be correct about. Anyways good to hear Phil is recovering.

I have added air assisted suspension on my MH, only on the rear, so I can still drive it if it fails, (in theory), an easier fit by the looks of it and fits in above the axel as airbags much smaller. It would depend what you actually have on your Merc as to what you could do if it failed.

Neighbour has air suspension on his BMW X5, he has had air bags fail and replacements fail, same problem as Phil couldn't get it on truck so he drove home but only had a couple of miles to drive and at night, so no other traffic about, he had to do it himself on his drive, almost killed him, so Phil is not alone it that respect.

I've had intermittent internet access for a couple of days, Phil, so haven't been able to join others in saying how happy I am that you're OK.
I can only reiterate what others have said and you already know - your health is far, far more important than attending ANY meet. Or the condition of ANY Moho!
Please listen to whatever advice you've been given by your medics and TAKE IT EASY.
I want to see you at a meet in the near future rather than in a hospital.

OK, that's the nagging done.
For the time being.

Colin ???

Just seen this thread Phil. Glad your feeling better. Take it easy for a while.

I want to just say a big THANK YOU to SAP for sorting this out.

VBAir offers a return to installer warranty on their products in the second year. So SAP did not have to come and fit the new part and they won't get paid by VBAir for the call out.

Also, there were no bags that would fit my van available in the UK so they sent someone to loan a new bag from an organisation that did have one in their stores. They are then going to have to go a drop a replacement back when it arrives.

Darren drove down from Doncaster and was told that his only priority was to get me back on the road including putting the van back together for me.

So thanks Mick (the owner) the rumours of fantastic customer service no matter what the circumstances are true.

Glad you’re sorted and back on the road Phil. Well done SAP I had a problem too but mine was self inflicted bent one of my jack rams last month they had me in the following Saturday morning Replaced the damaged jack checked over the others found one had a small fluid leak so replaced that too. Absolutely great people true professionals and the cost I wouldn’t publish it as he done me a real turn as they say.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back