Weather Report..................

teejay;n10596 said:
A lady phoned in saying she had heard there was snow coming. Don't worry there is no snow coming overnight in the UK-now where have i heard something like that before?

I was around and remember it well, teejay.

Colin :smile::smile::smile:

Jeanette;n10607 said:
Haha really Colin!! Today we had a downpour (rain) it's still windy buut they say the dreaded white stuff is still coming and all I can say is bring it on!!

Yep, white stuff for us too. Apparently arriving Sunday or Monday.
Already got the sledge runners waxed and waiting.

*****;n10608 said:
Just turned the oil heater on in the van:Smiling_Face_Emoji:

Interesting, Graham. Doesn't that cause condensation?

Campervanannie;n10614 said:
Snowing here now and settling at the moment.

I'm kind of jealous, Annie. I'm still hoping......

yorkslass;n10626 said:
No snow for us, I knew you'd get some. Flippin freezing though.

The temperature has dropped somewhat here in Herts as well. But very bright this morning.

Allen;n10719 said:
No snow here either.
Hoping it stays that way....I have to drive the mountain road at seven in the morning..

Ooops1 It's too easy for me to focus on the fun that snow will bring me personally and forget the effect it has on others not relishing the prospect. I wasn't quite so keen when I had to drive around in the stuff in anger, Allen.

Daisymini;n10745 said:
no snow in in Newark this morning but expecting it Sunday!

According to the BBC it's the same for us, Sue. I'm off to Bath Xmas market tomorrow so am quite pleased that it's not arriving sooner if I'm honest.

Full Member;n10853 said:
According to the BBC it's the same for us, Sue. I'm off to Bath Xmas market tomorrow so am quite pleased that it's not arriving sooner if I'm honest.

Send some up the A1 for us Colin.

The grandkids will love it.

Tes;n10753 said:
It's snowing...... whoooop whooooop!
Yes Colin, Key is very excited, she's gone outside the front to stand in the snow. The task now is to get her in and ready for school.

Redirecting Keeley must have been fun, Tes!
I remember working with a young engineer from India many, many years ago. He joined us in the autumn and in January it snowed. He'd only ever seen photos of the stuff and was absolutely captified by it. He also went out and just stood in it, looking up at the sky. In his lab coat!

*****;n10779 said:
probably half an inch of snow and probably the roads will come to a stop:Tears_of_Joy_Emoji::Flushed_Face_Emoji::Tongue_Out_Emoji_wi

Of course they won't, Graham. This is the UK, not foreign.

Just home after taking our trailer of sheep to Thainstone Mart ar Inverurie, just north of Aberdeen. Luckily got there ok although roads a bit dodgy with light snow cover. Coming home thick snow falling around Inverurie but bright sun and no snow on the ground when we got home to Banchory.

IMG_4533.JPG No beach for me today. :Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Emoji_Snowflake_Dow

Blooming freezing just spent half an hour under the van trying to fix a broken exhaust pipe, frozen fingers gave up.

tonybvi;n10867 said:
Just home after taking our trailer of sheep to Thainstone Mart ar Inverurie, just north of Aberdeen. Luckily got there ok although roads a bit dodgy with light snow cover. Coming home thick snow falling around Inverurie but bright sun and no snow on the ground when we got home to Banchory.

That sounds very picturesque, Tony.
Thanks for the update. If you get a moment or two a photo would be appreciated.

Piers;n10876 said:
No beach for me today. :Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Emoji_Snowflake_Dow

Why? They'll be swimming at Brighton beach.

Haaamster;n10882 said:
Blooming freezing just spent half an hour under the van trying to fix a broken exhaust pipe, frozen fingers gave up.

I'm frankly surprised, Paul.
Shouldn't you be skiing somewhere right now?

Edina;n10886 said:
Cold, sunny and breezy

Same here, Chris. It's 3 degC outside but actually quite invigorating.
Last evening I drove around part of the M25. It was a clear night and the moon, although only about three quarters full size, was huge. These cold, crisp nights are great for the night sky.

Clouding over, 18 degrees, feels close and sticky.
Thunderstorms maybe?

Neither the Russian or Microsoft sites forecast it.

Russian says no chance of rain within a week ....

Microsoft says 100% chance of rain ,Monday
Fake news?

Back