Weather Report..................

The dusting we had this morning hasn't moved it's been so cold.:Snowman_Emoji:
Not enough for a snowman though, more like a lace doily.

Full Member;n10842 said:
Yep, white stuff for us too. Apparently arriving Sunday or Monday.
Already got the sledge runners waxed and waiting.

Colin :smile::smile::smile:

We are supposed to be getting it on Sunday or Monday also Colin yesss!! Today it's been blimming freezing all day and windy!! :Emoji_Snowflake_Dow

Pauljenny;n10931 said:
Clouding over, 18 degrees, feels close and sticky.
Thunderstorms maybe?

Neither the Russian or Microsoft sites forecast it.

Russian says no chance of rain within a week ....

Microsoft says 100% chance of rain ,Monday
Fake news?

One wonders what these sites rely on for their factual input, Paul.
That interwebbythingy really does have to be viewed somewhat sceptically if one is seeking facts. It's can be quite time consuming sorting the chaff from the wheat.
There's a clear sky here and frost on the car by 1730 yesterday.

Colin ???

Last edited:
*****;n10850 said:
Hi Colin, I know some people say that, but in 14 years of motor homing, I have never had that problem.
But our last couple of Hymers have had permanent roof ventilation, weather you like it or not.
With our previous vans I might have left a roof vent very slightly ajar!
Bear in maind I do go into the van pretty regular, so it is not as if it is shut up for weeks on end

edit

All cupboard doors are open as well

Thanks Graham - that's interesting. For the first year since I've had a Moho I've put an electric, thermostatically controlled convector heater in the Moho. It's also on a timer so operates 1700-0900. (I think I got all the variables covered there!).
I'm hoping this will prevent the little grey spots of mould appearing on the ceiling that I've been plagued with for the last two years. It's a chore trying to remove it from the rather strangely textured material that Autosleeper have used as ceiling liner.

A paraffin heater is something I hadn't considered.

Colin ???

Robmac;n10854 said:
Send some up the A1 for us Colin.

The grandkids will love it.

I noticed that you're just up the A1(M) from me, Rob. I expect you'll get pretty much the same as we get. I just love watching kids enjoying the white stuff. Just as my Dad must have in his time. Enjoy it when it comes!

Colin ???

Haaamster;n10900 said:
After Christmas, maybe.

I guessed skiing wouldn't be far away, Paul. I hope that you manage to get the exhaust pipe fixed before your fingers get frostbite.

Colin ???

yorkslass;n10949 said:
The dusting we had this morning hasn't moved it's been so cold.:Snowman_Emoji:
Not enough for a snowman though, more like a lace doily.

That's funny, yorkslass! It looks as if you'll be getting sufficient snow for a full size man in the near future.

Colin ???

Jeanette;n10996 said:
We are supposed to be getting it on Sunday or Monday also Colin yesss!! Today it's been blimming freezing all day and windy!! :Emoji_Snowflake_Dow

Cold here too, Jeanette. Bath Xmas market should be picturesque today with blue sky. But about 3°C max! I'm really looking forward to it.

Colin ???

It's a bad forecast tomorrow for the north midlands with heavy snow,I think we can expect some travel disruption,the ''feels like''temperature will be well below freezing.Looks like the big coat will have to come out.:biggrin:

Weather.PNG

This is snow still on the ground, lots of ice, slippy slip slip.
cold, the sun is supposed to be out today to melt the snow and freeze overnight, so more slippy Mc slips.

22 in the shade., breakfast and lunch outdoors.

Enjoy your snow.

Attachments

• photo988.jpg
    photo988.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • photo989.jpg
    photo989.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
It's snowing quite heavy here at the moment big snowflakes falling on frozen snow from yesterday making walking awful and driving not too good I went to the coop and skidded at 10 mph it's like glass.

The AA have warned that anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets, sleeping bag, extra clothing including scarf hat and gloves. 24 hour supply of food and drink, de-icer,rock salt,torch,spare battery, petrol can,first aid kit and jump leads.........that's all well and good but I felt like a right idiot on the bus !!

We're going to look even dafter.....
Lugging all that to the beach

Well,we're back in dear old Blighty after a splendid week on La Palma. Trip out to check the van which we keep in a yard belonging to an old lad when it's not in use. The place was covered in snow and frosted, which made it cleaner under foot at least. Two photos in the same day, twelve hours apart.

Cheers

H

Attachments

• photo990.jpg
    photo990.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • photo991.jpg
    photo991.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Campervanannie;n11217 said:
It's snowing quite heavy here at the moment big snowflakes falling on frozen snow from yesterday making walking awful and driving not too good I went to the coop and skidded at 10 mph it's like glass.

Nothing here yet, just a bit of a dusting earlier.

Nothing here yet but really cold off out to see MIL before long bbbrrrrrrrr

Jeanette;n11279 said:
Nothing here yet but really cold off out to see MIL before long bbbrrrrrrrr

Don't forget your shovel, torch, blankets, sarnies...have I forgotten anything?

Back