Weather Report..................

Devon has snow, and we don't want any more.
Our part of the country should be warm and the chilly stuff kept oop norf. Obvious if you look at the river names - we have the river Otter and they have the river Calder!:giggle:

C-c-c-c-cold!

Snowfall overnight but only a titchy icing sugar dusting.

Didn't get above freezing all day yesterday.
Trip out to see someone, went from -3 degrees where we are in north Durham up to a tropical zero just south of the Tyne :)

Topped up bird feeders this morning just after it got light, there was a flurry of hailstones then a massive bolt of lightning and a deafening thunderclap. Does anyone else find it slightly surreal when there's thunder & lightning in the middle of severe winter weather & snowstorms?
I associate thunderstorms with late summer and heat waves...

Stay warm & safe again folks! :)

Snow Feb 01 2019-a.jpg

Snow Feb 01 2019-b.jpg

I've just been out to clear the snow off the car and around it, I checked the temperature and in my soft southern opinion it must be minus at least a trillion.
I've watched the news, where it says we are in an amber alert, I can't see any amber or even yellow snow and we are preparing to drive (I know I've been warned) to Porlock in Somerset.
Do I take a shovel, blankets and a warm drink.

I've just been out to clear the snow off the car and around it, I checked the temperature and in my soft southern opinion it must be minus at least a trillion.
I've watched the news, where it says we are in an amber alert, I can't see any amber or even yellow snow and we are preparing to drive (I know I've been warned) to Porlock in Somerset.

If you're going to Porlock, I should take a sledge - wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

Yes. No argument. Don't muck about with weather like this, you naughty boy ;) :)

• Sad
Reactions: Lee
The Wimp From The West has arrived and we have minus-a-lot degC, 5 feet of snow, howling wind and a sustained white out.
All schools are full of happy, rosy-cheeked children, public services are in full swing and I'm off out in my T-shirt and plimsoles to dig for coal and gather root veg from the clamp for our evening soup. There's scones and fresh bread crusting in the AGA and cream clotting on top of it preparing for it's marriage to home made strawberry jam this afternoon next to a lake of English tea.
Oh, and I've got full blown Man Flu with Hertfordshire hallucinations.

Colin :):):)

Woo hoo.
We got out full 16 mms of robust rain, Overnight. and a spectacular rainbow, this morning.
That's enough for February, if we're careful
blustery northerly wind brings 8 degrees of you are unsheltered.
I'm taking every precaution to stay sheltered.
No leaks after the roof repairs, I'll cheerfully pay the builder, when he calls in tonight.. ⅓ of the cost for similar work in blighty.
Red bad weather alerts for most of NW Iberia , on local Tv It's grim up north...!

There is an amber alert out tonight from aurorawatch for any of you in the north, that’s the north Colin!!
Dave

We had a look for it last night and saw maybe a faint glow, but nothing dramatic. I saw others photos from last night and they were quite spectacular, so must have just looked at the wrong times. It was worth braving the -10 temperature though as the stars were a truly amazing sight.

Back