Weather Report..................

yorkslass;n11880 said:
The weather looked bad in the northeast last night. Did you have a cloaking device Jeanette? :smile:

Just a frost here Sue but it's forecast to be cold tonight with -12 IMG_1944.JPG

10 am. This morning, looking north.

Rain arrived at 11 pm, just as we were turning in. Whooshed in on a strong southwesterly.
After 15 minutes, when the roof had been cleaned off, one of us had to go out and connect the feed to the cisterns.. Never known Management to be such a heavy sleeper !
All gone this morning, winds back nor'easterly. Nothing forecast, til Friday.
Replaced the water that we've used since the last rainfall, 13 days ago.

Attachments

• photo1062.jpg
    photo1062.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 0
What ?

It's RAINING....

Laundry bundled inside, roof skylights closed..

Weather forecasters.... ? Wouldn't pay them out in washers!

The temperature is falling fast here in Herts so I expect that any untreated roads (and more especially the pavements) will be treacherous this evening and tomorrow. Take care out there.
Even this far south it's predicted that the temperature will be sub zero for the next 24 hours.
On a more positive note the sunset here was spectacular with a bright red and orange sky above the River Lee opposite the house. Wish I'd had the camera with me!

Colin ???

Falling here as well Colin, but think our local problem will be rivers flooding their banks.

Edina;n12062 said:
Falling here as well Colin, but think our local problem will be rivers flooding their banks.

Local rivers are at normal levels up here in the midlands,the EA have a flood warning website which is useful for those living in a floodplain area.........
https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/station/2185
I use it mainly for fishing information.
We have several inches of standing snow and if there is a rapid thaw could cause flooding.

It's now bitterly cold here just been out to the bins and it's still very icy and the snow hasn't budged much despite a sunny day.

Whoo hoo we have snow and it's bitterly cold! It started just after tea-time it looks lovely and more to the point everyone's garden looks the same!!

maingate;n12083 said:
I hope you are all putting food and water out for the Birds.

Yes definitely

it's still snow covered out there, and that which is not is a sheet of ice. brig on the ice skates!
No school again for Key which makes her happy as it's apparently -7 out there right now and whatever the app says you can knock a couple more off.
Supposed to get a bit of sun later on but temps not getting over 0' but tonight comes the interesting bit when the rain is forecast and all this lot melts... fun fun fun!

Been down to -2 but up to a searing +2 now. No wind, no rain and sun peeping over the trees .........

Brrr !

The North wind doth blow...From Granada
Unbroken sunshine.

Outside
the north facing frontage.. 6 degrees

A sweltering 13, on the south side.
No rain after yesterday's showers.

Could be worse... If the coffee shop runs out of brandy.

Edina;n12062 said:

If it thaws rapidly that's going to be a common problem, Chris.

Colin :smile::smile::smile:

maingate;n12083 said:
I hope you are all putting food and water out for the Birds.

Yep, I bought more peanuts and meal worms for the (mainly) robin yesterday. And scraps as well. He'll have difficulty taking off if he keeps eating the way he is!

Tes;n12230 said:
it's still snow covered out there, and that which is not is a sheet of ice. brig on the ice skates!
No school again for Key which makes her happy as it's apparently -7 out there right now and whatever the app says you can knock a couple more off.
Supposed to get a bit of sun later on but temps not getting over 0' but tonight comes the interesting bit when the rain is forecast and all this lot melts... fun fun fun!

It's -5degC here, Tes and what was snow now has a layer of crunchy ice over it. Sounds great but it's quite slippery. We're forecast rain this evening and if it falls on the ground as it presently is we'll have black ice to contend with.

Pauljenny;n12267 said:
Brrr !

The North wind doth blow...From Granada
Unbroken sunshine.

Outside
the north facing frontage.. 6 degrees

A sweltering 13, on the south side.
No rain after yesterday's showers.

Could be worse... If the coffee shop runs out of brandy.

Paul, please.

It was fine to be smug when I could join in whilst on Lanzarote.
I'm now back in the cold and I'd really appreciate an upgrade to your smug filter so that it doesn't need quite so much maintenance!
Seriously - enjoy.

*****;n12274 said:
Warming up now at Minus 5 deg 0935 hrs

Warming up to -5 degC! It reads so strangely - but true here as well.

Afternoon all it has been lovely and sunny here today the little bit of snow we had last night is still here but nothing really! When Malcolm when's outside this morning it was 'only' -6 whereas yesterday it was -7,and it looks as if we might get a snow flurry tonight! The sun hasn't really melted any snow today!

Back