Weather Report..................

Full Member;n12299 said:
Paul, please.

It was fine to be smug when I could join in whilst on Lanzarote.
I'm now back in the cold and I'd really appreciate an upgrade to your smug filter so that it doesn't need quite so much maintenance!
Seriously - enjoy.

Colin :smile::smile::smile:

Sorry Colin ,
The filter is fine, working flat out.

There's a bucket full of smugness, waiting to be recycled as tact.

This is my digital Xmas card, taken at lunchtime, today.
No need for Google translate.

Attachments

• photo1091.jpg
    photo1091.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 0
  • photo1092.jpg
    photo1092.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 0
Well earlier in Glasgow it was :Cloud_Emoji: but now back to a more normal :Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops

Starting to rain in glengormley,so hope no more snow which should start to melt away:Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign

Deep, deep snow all but gone, being gently washed away by light rain-which is nice!

Well thought we were in for rain as forecast but a few spots and that is it!! Unless it rains overnight the bit snow and when I say bit that's all it was we had is slowly melting!!

The forecast says a bit more snow, followed by lots of rain, a bit of sleet and a bit more rain. Tepms up to 3', so the now ice-covered land should melt and by tomorrow most should be gone.
it's a shame we didn't get this Christmas... would have been nice to have a white one.

Went to bed last night lots of snow got up this morning and it’s all gone every last little bit fast thaw could spell a tragedy for low lying flood plains.

Lot milder now, be interesting to see how high the Exe is when we go to Tiverton later

Pauljenny;n12423 said:
Sorry Colin ,
The filter is fine, working flat out.

There's a bucket full of smugness, waiting to be recycled as tact.

This is my digital Xmas card, taken at lunchtime, today.
No need for Google translate.

Ha, bloody ha.

Campervanannie;n12690 said:
Went to bed last night lots of snow got up this morning and it’s all gone every last little bit fast thaw could spell a tragedy for low lying flood plains.

It's raining here in Herts and the snow is melting fast this morning.
Which has revealed quite a bit of damage to some large stone blocks and brickwork at the front of the house. The offending car must have had a severely crumpled front end to have done what it did.
Not a happy bunny but fortunately there's only damaged masonry and no bodies out there.

Edina;n12700 said:
Lot milder now, be interesting to see how high the Exe is when we go to Tiverton later

I'm driving down to Devon on Friday so will be passing along the A361. I always look forward to going over the Exe just north of Tiverton, Chris. I love the view of the weir and river there.
No doubt it'll be fuller than usual on Friday!

Cheer up Colin,
Are you insured? We had a similar problem, claimed on the property policy and used it as a way of improving the access.
I'll let a little sunshine into your life.

Attachments

• photo1130.jpg
    photo1130.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 0
Pauljenny;n12757 said:
Cheer up Colin,
Are you insured? We had a similar problem, claimed on the property policy and used it as a way of improving the access.
I'll let a little sunshine into your life.

The damage is something I can fix myself, given some time and decent weather, Paul. The problem is that it's fiddly but not expensive to repair the damage. The building policy excess will probably be more then the cost of repair.
Oh well. At least it would seem that only property and pride was damaged.

Guess what? Glasgow :Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops

2cv;n12793 said:
Guess what? Glasgow :Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops

Exactly the same here in Herts, 2cv.
And the outside security light needs replacing. In the rain.
What do they say about things in threes?

It was raining here this morning temp up to 3 deg I'm hoping it doesn't rain again as I'm off out later for lunch with some friends!!

Jeanette;n12819 said:
It was raining here this morning temp up to 3 deg I'm hoping it doesn't rain again as I'm off out later for lunch with some friends!!

It's been raining here in Herts all day, Jeanette. Now the sky is clearing (with a lovely sunset) and the temperature is falling rapidly from the 7 degC we've had for most of the day.

Full Member;n12755 said:
I'm driving down to Devon on Friday so will be passing along the A361. I always look forward to going over the Exe just north of Tiverton, Chris. I love the view of the weir and river there.
No doubt it'll be fuller than usual on Friday!

Between the M5 and Tiverton a new road junction is being built and there is a stretch of single lane 40mph - watch your speed!

Back