Weather Report..................

Grey, 12 degrees, overcast. Prospect of light drizzle later. Gentle westerlies.

Shopping at the " Big " town , 300 metres higher than us.. 10 degrees, Light drizzle .

Good excuse to try a new Indian curry house.. Great food, 26 Euros for 4 of us.
precious little Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu or even, Portuguese spoken.

It seemed strange to say Obregado to the waiter, who spoke better accented English than any of us.. Then thanked us and wished us the compliments of the season , in faultless Lisbon Portuguese..

oldish hippy;n13190 said:
persisting down now and very windy

Still, clear, cold here in Herts.

Colin :smile::smile::smile:

Last edited:
Edina;n13216 said:
Still raining in the Devon valleys :Very_sad_emoji_icon

Could you please arrange for it to go away before I arrive, Chris?
Thanks.

Full Member;n13218 said:
Could you please arrange for it to go away before I arrive, Chris?
Thanks.

We're hoping to go to Appledore on Sunday, so I'll see what I can do Colin.

Edina;n13225 said:
We're hoping to go to Appledore on Sunday, so I'll see what I can do Colin.

Thanks, Chris. I'll be in Westward Ho! so may wander around to Appledore for lunch. I may even stay on the car park there on Saturday night - the view across the estuary is wonderful to wake to.

Colin ???

Full Member;n13246 said:
Thanks, Chris. I'll be in Westward Ho! so may wander around to Appledore for lunch. I may even stay on the car park there on Saturday night - the view across the estuary is wonderful to wake to.

Colin ???

We'll not get there till after lunch Sunday and usually spend the night alongside the estuary.

Edina;n13250 said:
We'll not get there till after lunch Sunday and usually spend the night alongside the estuary.

Possibly see you there, then, Chris. If I miss you, enjoy!

Colin ???

yorkslass;n13273 said:
Drizzle all day interspersed with downpours and still cold.

It seems that the south east got the best of the weather today, yorkslass!

Colin ???

Evening all it has been raging on and off all day and it's forecast to be bitter cold tonight possible frost so that will be bonny in the morning!! Stone snow so that means snow angels with whirlwind and possibly tornado (g/daughters)!! Keep it up with the flip flops Colin!!

Jeanette;n13283 said:
Evening all it has been raging on and off all day and it's forecast to be bitter cold tonight possible frost so that will be bonny in the morning!! Stone snow so that means snow angels with whirlwind and possibly tornado (g/daughters)!! Keep it up with the flip flops Colin!!

It's lovely down here, Jeanette. Tomorrow I'll be donning shorts in preparation for my trip to Devon.

Colin ???

Full Member;n13288 said:
It's lovely down here, Jeanette. Tomorrow I'll be donning shorts in preparation for my trip to Devon.

Colin ???

Hmmm photos please with the flip flops Colin!! Haha it's supposed to be a lot warmer here by the weekend! So they say!

apparently going to see the sun today later, that will be nice.Yesterday's rain got rid of a lot of the snow/ice but there is still quite a bit left over, so maybe sun an expected 4'c will clear the rest, we'll see.

Morning all ,

15 degrees, no wind..

About a teaspoonful of rain overnight, The same forecast for tonight..

Attachments

• photo1180.jpg
    photo1180.jpg
    789 KB · Views: 0
For a change, in Glasgow today it's :The_Sun_Face_Emoji::The_Sun_Face_Emoji::The_Sun_Face_Emoji:

Walking back from the village, under ominous grey clouds, we met old Joao, mid 80s life long farmer..
He was adamant.. " No Rain until Xmas"..
5 minutes later, we were walking through light drizzle.
2 minutes after that, we
were sweating in the sunshine.

2cv;n13492 said:
For a change, in Glasgow today it's :The_Sun_Face_Emoji::The_Sun_Face_Emoji::The_Sun_Face_Emoji:

Well done Glasgow!! No snow here again had rain this morning mixed with a few hailstones, but then the sun showed his face!! :The_Sun_Emoji:

Back