Weather Report..................

We've been in bad company, alas.
4, motorhomers, renting a little piece of paradise, on the coast. They all want to buy something cheap and settle down... We've done our best to mark
Their cards.. But, lovely people.... They're all deaf..
Still, after a superb afternoon and cooler, velvet evening..
We're content that we've talked them out of doing the bleeding obvious...
Or have we ?

I'm the only one here, who will admit to being less than sober

The one city in Europe you should never get lost in.. Is Lisbon .
We did ..... Ooh, that was really an adventure.
Stay safe, have fun..
3 dimplexes on tonight.

lloks promising for another good day...............bright silvery sun was up first thing...........nice and warm however out of the sun a bit of a nippy wind............fingers crossed that it will be a very sunny day..........n.yorks

now about 5.20pm............thought i had posted the above this morning..........but didnt press POST....so ive ust left it in here.....update........hour or so after typing the above this morning.........the weather turned......cold windy. blustery and sun went in.........very blustery out there now with wet showers.......Huh

A lovely start to the day here in Herts with a gentle breeze and temperatures climbing
rapidly from about 6°C to 15°C, though feeling much warmer in the sunshine.
So I brightened and polished the Moho from 0730 to 1330 and then we went to Heartwood just outside St Albans for a walk. Heartwood is now fully planted with 600,000 new trees but also has some ancient woodland.
The ancient woodland, like most of the old woodland in Herts is full of snowdrops, anemones and bluebells at the appropriate time. The snowdrops are long gone but the anemones are now in their full glory:

WP_20190324_15_04_12_Rich (2).jpg

WP_20190324_15_08_34_Rich (2).jpg

WP_20190324_15_04_25_Rich (2).jpg

The bluebells are in full leaf and there is the occasional brave bulb testing springtime with a flower head:

WP_20190324_14_40_53_Rich.jpg

Not to be outdone the beech trees are doing similar with their newly sprouted translucent leaves:

WP_20190324_14_32_58_Rich.jpg

One of the ancient woods is called Langley Wood and is renowned for it's bluebells. On the pathway leading there one passes under four huge wickerwork structures depicting the stages in the growth of a bluebell:

WP_20190324_15_27_09_Rich (2).jpg

Altogether a truly magical afternoon with Mother Nature.

Colin ???

It's supposed to have rained solidly, since noon. So we sat out , this morning, the ladies did some serious retail damage at the gipsy market, while I was forced to sit in the BBQ chicken tent, reserving a table, drinking beer, in the shade. Sunbathed until dusk.
And strangely, all the frogs and toads have woken up and are serenading us.
Maybe they use the same weather website as we do ..
No more rain forecast for this week.

sun was up early again today.......however clouding over now....bit breezy ........nippy background when out of the sun.....

these bloody sheep are noisy there’s thousands of em on the opposite bank 25forecast for today & breezy this afternoon so sunbathe this morning is my cunning plan, 28is the forecast for tomorrow so wait & see

image.jpg

Another lovely start to the day here in Herts with lots of blue sky, a gentle breeze and temperatures climbing from an overnight of about 4 degC to currently 14 degC.
So yet more bodywork renovation and polishing on the Moho.
I hope the bluddy thing appreciates all this effort!

Colin :):):)

Back