Weather Report..................

I refer you to my report at this time yesterday.
​​​​​​
Its 10 degrees on the south terrace.. Considerably chillier on the north.

I refuse to go outside, just to take the same photo as yesterday.

Beautiful sparkly day here in Sussex and a positively balmy 5 degrees :The_Sun_Emoji:
I'm still not giving in to the temptation to put the washing on the line though... it's as calm as a millpond, so not a chance.

What exciting lives we lead... :b0230:

2cv;n14309 said:
:The_Sun_Emoji::The_Sun_Emoji::The_Sun_Emoji: but very icy here.

Congratulations on branching out and exploring alternative emojis, 2cv.
If, when experimenting with key functions, you find out how to easily call up the 'ö' and '°' symbol could you please advise teejay and myself? We're struggling.

Colin ???

Colin, on windows keyboard holding down alt (left one) and tapping 0176 on the number pad gives ° and similarly alt0246 gives ö

Here's what 'Character Map' screen looks like
char map.PNG

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
beautiful morning...suns out, mild, no wind....just the job........lightens the mood to an agreeable level.

Edina;n14356 said:
Colin, on windows keyboard holding down alt (left one) and tapping 0176 on the number pad gives ° and similarly alt0246 gives ö

Here's what 'Character Map' screen looks like

Chris

Thanks, Chris. I'll be trying that as soon as I'm in front of my Windows tablet. I'm hoping to find a slightly faster, more convenient way to call up alternative characters. It's really fast and convenient on the Windows phone keyboard.

Colin ???

trixie88;n14357 said:
beautiful morning...suns out, mild, no wind....just the job........lightens the mood to an agreeable level.

That's great, Trixie. A good-to-be-alive day by the sounds of it.

Colin ???

I've just driven through Instow in Devon and seen the very last of this year's daffodils in full bloom!

WP_20171218_15_50_23_Pro (2).jpg

..................or is that the first of next year's daffodils...........?
(I'm so easily confused these days).

Colin ???

Last edited:
Evening all they look lovely Colin whenever they are from this year next year Hmm ? Love daffodils ? we have next years tulips coming through!! It is definitely warmer tonight.

Been a reasonable day today shopping for hours and didn't need a coat but it's cold again tonight.

Full Member;n14379 said:
I've just driven through Instow in Devon and seen the very last of this year's daffodils in full bloom!

..................or is that the first of next year's daffodils...........?
(I'm so easily confused these days).

Colin ???

That's early, or late... i'm going with early tho.

foggy, very much so, but maybe that is why it isn't quite so cold as it has been... natures own blanket.

Morning all,

16 in the shade. Winds from the Southwest, cloudless sky.
Breakfasted on the terrace .
Mustn't complain.

Jeanette;n14503 said:
Evening all they look lovely Colin whenever they are from this year next year Hmm ? Love daffodils ? we have next years tulips coming through!! It is definitely warmer tonight.

Spring flowers are some of my favourites as well, Jeanette. It's as if the earth is coming back to life after the winter. Bring on the snowdrops, bluebells.............

Colin ???

Edina;n14542 said:
Crunchy frost and sun peeping out :smile:

I'm not sure where you moved on to, Chris, but there was a fairly hard frost in north Devon last night.

Colin ???

Tes;n14549 said:
That's early, or late... i'm going with early tho.

I'm very happy to be guided on this, Tes. I'm still very confused.

Colin ???

Back