Weather Report..................

Y

You should move to NE Scotland. Fantastic day yesterday with sun all day. Heavy downpour this morning for about 15 minutes then sun back again. Just finished the bbq, sitting outside and still over 20 deg!!

I did many years ago live in the Aberdeen area. Much nice scenery but I swapped the relative dryness for warm rain. Sometimes feel that the incessant rain here is too much but at least the van gives an escape, just had a virtually dry month in the South.

Escaped from the house yesterday and had a couple of hours on South Shields beach.
Fish & chips from Colemans award winning chippy, mmmm they were delicious.

Midge Ure & Nick Herdman were headlining a music concert in Bent Park. Ticket only event, but you could hear the music well enough anyway.
Plenty of canny northerners had it sussed and had brought along picnics and chairs, bagging spots along the grassy stretch of beachfront where you could see the stage from outside the park, or at least a good view of the giant screen, and all for free.

Had a wander along the beach, overcast and slightly sea-misty, but lovely all the same.
Loads of families having a great time with the kids and hardly a mobile phone or tablet in sight. Yay!

Here's a picture of me getting my ozone ration. You can just spot Tynemouth Priory in the distance to the right.

Last edited:
Above Cornwall right now there's light grey cloud which is alternately becoming brighter then darker. Once it's settled on a colour it's comfortable with I'll make plans for the day.
The heavens have fun and games planned for The Peninsular later today, overnight and tomorrow!

Colin ???

Escaped from the house yesterday and had a couple of hours on South Shields beach.
Fish & chips from Colemans award winning chippy, mmmm they were delicious.

Midge Ure & Nick Herdman were headlining a music concert in Bent Park. Ticket only event, but you could hear the music well enough anyway.
Plenty of canny northerners had it sussed and had brought along picnics and chairs, bagging spots along the grassy stretch of beachfront where you could see the stage from outside the park, or at least a good view of the giant stage, and all for free.

Had a wander along the beach, overcast and slightly sea-misty, but lovely all the same.
Loads of families having a great time with the kids and hardly a mobile phone or tablet in sight. Yay!

Here's a picture of me getting my ozone ration. You can just spot Tynemouth Priory in the distance to the right.

View attachment 48063
oh wow marie....loovve thee hat.......you look so good........shouth shields beach is lovely with all its sand dunes .........lovely walk along the prom........nice and flat.........and plenty of space........and that lovely park for the children opposite with the little train and lake........
we always take that route...s..shields, tynemouth, whitley bay, and follow coast road...when travelling to and from druridge........nice run from sunderland to s.shields.....coast road........ enjoy it all and take care

Last edited:
A notable first, this morning.
After being chauffeured everywhere, for the last 3months, We walked the half mile into the village. Breezy 32' helped .
After a coffee and natter stop, we walked back, in less breezes and 34'
We're knackered, but plan to do it every day until we fly back, in a fortnight.

Lorra rain forecast overnight and tomorrow in CTL

Is that just a lorra rain, or a lorra lorra rain, Chris?

No rain here today, but been overcast most of the time. Got some desperately needed potting up done. Yay! ;) ?

Now the sun is below the yardarm the blue sky has come out to play, typical... :p
Not bothered though, dull and overcast makes it better for me to be able to go outside ?:)

Is that just a lorra rain, or a lorra lorra rain, Chris?

No rain here today, but been overcast most of the time. Got some desperately needed potting up done. Yay! ;) ?

Now the sun is below the yardarm the blue sky has come out to play, typical... :p
Not bothered though, dull and overcast makes it better for me to be able to go outside ?:)

Just guessing Marie, I've lost my 'Lorra' gauge :oops:

We had quite a few heavy showers here in Cornwall today. So we went for a family tramp up the Luxulyan valley to take in the amazing industrial archeology to be found there. Once a 50 foot overshot water wheel resided here:

IMG_20190729_134548.jpg

.....which, by transferring the energy from water flowing along this leat:

IMG_20190729_134202.jpg

.... hauled loaded wagons up this long incline:

IMG_20190729_141307.jpg

......on rails fixed to the granite 'sleepers':

IMG_20190729_140146.jpg

Further up the valley is the huge Treffry combined aqua- and via-duct which can still be crossed. It's 200 metres long and about 30 metres above the river Par:

IMG_20190729_131824.jpg

Altogether a fascinating (though wet) walk through Cornwall's recent history.

Oh, and lots more rain is forecast overnight and for tomorrow!

Colin ???

Back