Weather Report..................

Hertfordshire is stunning this morning.
We have a brilliant blue sky contrasting with frosty grass and golden leaves on the trees and ground.
It's one of those 'good to be alive' mornings and as soon as I finish cooking the wild apples I collected around the lanes yesterday (thank you for throwing your apple cores in the hedges for me and the wild life), I'll be out and about once again.

Colin :):):)

Last edited:
Cold sunny crispy morning here in my little part of Yorkshire yesterday I drained the van down as a frost was forecast well when I say drained down I don’t dump the fresh water as it’s a waste so I just turn off the pump drain down the water heater via the dump valve and open the taps and the slacken the screw to on the water tank so it’s ready to go if needed.

Cold sunny crispy morning here in my little part of Yorkshire yesterday I drained the van down as a frost was forecast well when I say drained down I don’t dump the fresh water as it’s a waste so I just turn off the pump drain down the water heater via the dump valve and open the taps and the slacken the screw to on the water tank so it’s ready to go if needed.

I'm not sure that method empties the pump, Annie. If you are in for a few days and/or nights of below zero temperatures later in the winter, then I'd recommend draining the pump. That probably means draining the water tank.
After all, a tank full of water is considerably cheaper than a new pump.
BTW, the temperature inside the Moho here in Herts dropped to -4°C last night.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

I'm not sure that method empties the pump, Annie. If you are in for a few days and/or nights of below zero temperatures later in the winter, then I'd recommend draining the pump. That probably means draining the water tank.
After all, a tank full of water is considerably cheaper than a new pump.
BTW, the temperature inside the Moho here in Herts dropped to -4°C last night.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂
I’m not sure either but I have done this for the past couple of years and no issue with it so far but if it gets any colder int norf I’ll drain completely.👍

The painters use a different weather fantasist to me. Mine promised fair today.. Deluge tomorrow, apocalypse Friday
They did a cracking job inside..
Spent the last hour pressure washing the exterior and filling where necessary.
As dusk fell, we noticed lightening flashing to the south and NW.
We may not see them again for a few days.
Looks like long, luxurious, hotel showers are on the agenda.
Mustn't grumble.

Here in the Lee Valley we awoke to a thin veil of mist this morning. As the morning has progressed, then so has the mist - elsewhere.
Right now the white is gradually changing to blue so it looks as if I'll be out and about once the sourdough bread is rising and can look after itself.
And we seem to have a geographical temperature inversion - Glasgow is 10°C and Herts is just 4°C right now.

Last edited:
3am.. It pittered and pattered for about an hour.
Dry , but cloudy all morning
The painters didn't show...
They should have done the exterior yesterday and could have worked inside today..
Good news was that it was 16 degrees on the upper mezzanine, at coffee time.. First brandy of the winter.
Good old fashioned thunderstorm between 2 and 5.. That'll keep the dust down.
More tomorrow, evidently.
Could be worse.
'Appen

.......and Herts is joining in the trend with plenty of blue above and still air under the high pressure we're enjoying across the Beautiful Isle.
Chilly but beautiful.

Back