Weather Report..................

It's 25° and a cloudless bright blue sky in West Sussex's poorer neighbour. 😔

At 2.00pm our 30ft Liguid Amber (killed by a storm) will be taken down and it's stump ground out. Looking to the future, do I replace it with a purple lilac or another flowering tree? :unsure:

Just one aircraft movement to disturb the tranquility of the hot summer day here.

View attachment 60408
In 2005, it tried to land in a hedge. The plane remained upright in an adjacent field and everyone walked away unscathed.

In my book, that's sort of a safe landing.

Another scorcher in Cheshire and as predicted we have topped 30° today. Hoping for a little cooler tomorrow as we take the grandkids for a day out to Chirk Castle in the van. Then its a weekend of getting jobs done before we head off to the Scottish Borders next week. Did I mention its now forecasting rain up there next week ..........................

Calm, fresher evening.
Outside on the terrace.
31 degrees.
Maybe it wasn't such a good idea, after all, to put my hot, sweaty sandals in the freezer. With the frozen peas..
There was a long queue at the checkouts. The floor was sooo cool.
Touchy folk, the Lidl Staff.

The temperatures have dropped to 16° and it's possibly the last dry day before buckets of rain over the weekend.

Yep, it's also great weather here today.
Last evening we sat on the beach and my family and friends went in the sea.
They clearly don't understand what fish get up to out there, whereas I do and therefore didn't.
If the weather here in Sussex is planning to be wet for the weekend I may return to Hertfordshire and withdraw my accepted offer.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Wonderful sitting in the sun for a visit from our daughter, then a lovely sunset.

View attachment 60428
Not 💚 jealous, Bill.
Brings back great memories..
Today ?
Fresh 22 degrees, under light clouds, at breakfast. Delightful!
Stiffer NW winds keep the temperatures around 35 in the shade.
Brilliant !

Back