Weather Report..................

It's currently 7°C in Hertfordshire with a brilliant blue sky and a gentle breeze.
Yesterday I climbed up to clear the gutters but, on looking up the sloping roof, I saw that the moss had built up considerably on the tiles since I last cleared them about 5 years ago. Yesterday I cleared about 10% of the roof before cycling off for a break. But today it's back up onto the roof to continue my battle with nature.

Colin :):):)

Well the grandkids made the last day of the Zoo, it closed at 4.30 yesterday as part of the avoiding travel crackdown. Shame in one way as it was providing some normality for the kids in these strange times and the Zoo staff had got it extremely well organised in terms of social distancing. Anyway it’s bright and sunny here with less wind so no excuse not to be outside. Unfortunately the lawn mower started on first pull yesterday Chris!. Next dilemma is what to do with the daughter‘s seasonal caravan. Anglesey has closed its campsites so it can’t be moved from the dealers to the campsite. Could stop at the dealers but if they close down it’s stuck anyway. So looking at bringing it home if it can be fitted onto the drive ...... at least it will be an adventure opportunity for the grandkids .... stay safe everyone.

Last edited:
Totally different day here, too
Breakfast outdoors.
Lunch too, I think.
Horizontal on the sun lounger, looking up at clumps of Cumulu Nimbus flying in from the NW.. (weather Man says SE, all day, so what do I know ? )
The monthly Gipsy market is cancelled. We were not woken up by the usual rush hour, when up to 6 vehicles can come thundering down our lane, between 9 and 11 am.
No Piri Piri chicken for a while..
I wonder what will happen to the thousands of birds, bred to be the right size on the day.. .. Each week ?

........and Hertfordshire has joined in the fun.
It's blue, not as breezy as yesterday and about 9°C at the moment.
There's plenty of washing out drying and a bike ride along the lanes in the offing.

(Dave: A great idea to have a caravan on the drive for adventures with the grandchildren.)

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

It's wonderfully blue over Hertfordshire this morning with a breeze and an air temperature of about 7°C, though that's predicted to rise to the giddy heights of 9°C later today.
So I'll be popping out on the Brompton later for some exercise and shopping with a view to trying a new bread recipe later this week.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Just back from the local nursery to pickup enough gardening supplies to last through the growing season as it might be my last chance if lock down occurs. Having unloaded loads of compost and grow bags I’m enjoying some wonderful Cheshire sunshine and a coffee on the garden bench. Temperature well into double figures out of the breeze and the sun cream has made its first appearance for those of us who are shiny on top. May get the bike out later. Keep smiling ..........

8 degrees at dawn, she reported.
17 , under a mottled sky, at breakfast.
No rain forecast, but ominous clouds arriving .. Shorts off , trakkie bottoms on .
At least we managed a brisk walk to the village, almost deserted.
Came back with vital supplies of lettuce, cauliflower, brandy and Jenny's favourite liquour, Beirao.
The lizards are back, sunbathing..
That's a good sign.

At dusk, there was a sickly yellowish light and an instant violent thunderstorm. Lasted for 10 minutes and then was gone... The forecast is for the winds to veer from NE , anticlockwise, right around the compass..
I'm set up to collect any rain that might turn up.

Back