Weather Report..................

There was a shiny white layer in Hertfordshire this morning with a cloudless blue sky above.
Stunning.
Now the frost has gone and the thermometer is already registering 11°C.
The air is still and the birds are busy carrying as much as they can manage back to their chicks.
A truly Beautiful Isle.

Colin 🙂🙂 🙂

Not so good here, the Cheshire Cat is not grinning, the temperature is up to 10 degrees but we have a low cloud base that doesn’t look like moving anytime soon, I would normally say at least it’s dry 😂, but we could do with some rain Paul ..........

Just some broken cloud and quite mild. Looks like rain tomorrow, the first real rain for weeks so it’s actually quite needed. Forecast says dry again with temperatures in mid 20s by midweek. This is the best spell of weather I can remember since coming here over 30 years ago. ⛅⛅⛅

Above Hertfordshire we have thin white cloud and quite a few blue patches. In fact it's far better outside than I expected having listened to the forecast earlier this morning. It's already about 11°C with the gentlest of breezes wafting across the rolling countryside.
As Bill mentions, we haven't had sufficient rain to satisfy the local farmers for a while now and the fields look parched.
We have the plague with us.
Is the famine on it's way?

Just joking - honest.

Colin :):):)

Allegedly, it's raining here until 7pm.
I've just checked.
Enjoying a late breakfast on the terrace. Nightingale & Oriole are busking away in the trees.
If it does rain... Do I put some clothes on and go inside... Or stay outside ?
Decisions decisions...!

We we're poised to collect what was probably the last pure rainwater until Autumn. The forecast kept on insisting that it was raining.
Lovely day, pleasant temperatures, gentle breezes.
We waited and waited..
The phone rang at 5 pm..
As we were talking, there was a thunderclap.
5 minutes of businesslike rain... That was it.!
Not enough to wet the roof tiles.
Forecast has changed to higher pressure and unbroken sunshine.
Those Speedos are ready.

Hertfordshire is currently settled under a pale grey sky which is progressively changing to white. It's remarkably mild at 14°C and the air is, for cyclists, satisfyingly still.
So I'll go get some exercise on the Brompton this morning. And this afternoon I'm planning on a socially distanced long walk in the surrounding countryside.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

A blue start in Cheshire but the cloud has rolled in and kept the temperature down to 15 degrees, just the very occasional sunny interval now with a light breeze. Time to sort out the fishing gear for tomorrow .......

Back