We're off

We passed a flying boat thing in Mayo or Clare the other day.

We passed a flying boat thing in Mayo or Clare the other day.
Yes they had a big f boat place there from late thirties and through the war, castle archdale is north west of iniskillen, go to hospital roundabout and turn left, there is also a nice loop drive out that way, you can then drive on to Donegall town over a small mountain and past irish electricity water turbine on the way in.

Sligo and Donegal were both a waste of Space Trev, like most of Ireland there is very little disabled parking sadly, since Cork the scooter has stayed in the van except for touristy places.

Hopefully NI is better.

Yes we passed the Hydro.

Sligo and Donegal were both a waste of Space Trev, like most of Ireland there is very little disabled parking sadly, since Cork the scooter has stayed in the van except for touristy places.

Hopefully NI is better.

Yes we passed the Hydro.
Donegall town should be ok, where on heavens are you now.

Nope I even asked a rozzer, and he agreed his mum lives in Liverpool and she says the same thing ROI is crap.

IMHO, any taxi only or loading only not in use should be a disabled place to park, it makes no difference to available parking.

Nope I even asked a rozzer, and he agreed his mum lives in Liverpool and she says the same thing ROI is crap.

IMHO, any taxi only or loading only not in use should be a disabled place to park, it makes no difference to available parking.
The only thing disabled about you is the wallet, never get it unseated im told, have a comphy evening both of you. 😂

I'd love to be a few quid behind you Trev, I did have some savings when I retired in 09 well gone now though, so I have to rely on good old .gov and their crap pension.

Can you not just park on the road same as in the U.K. if there is no disabled spaces?

Can you not just park on the road same as in the U.K. if there is no disabled spaces?
Yes as long as no yellow lines or within 25ft of a corner or junchion & not obscuring anyones gateway.
Here are parking rules NI.on of street parking NI.jpgparking NI.jpg

An awful lot of car parks in England you have to pay as well Trev, think their info is a bit misleading. Blue Badge isn’t for free car parking it’s for getting a space that’s useable. Saying that on street parking is usually free with blue badge.
After I posted earlier I checked RI rules and they looked same as here, you can park on single and double yellow lines for up to 3 hours, not loading areas or causing obstructions. Strange that NI don’t allow that isn’t it?

Free in any bay in council carparks in ROI too but not on ANY yellow lines.

We're in Dungloe right now foraging for grub.

Free in any bay in council carparks in ROI too but not on ANY yellow lines.

We're in Dungloe right now foraging for grub.
When you get to dungloe turn right up past the errigal mtn & poison glen, some rd side stops with worlds best vieu and go to the g veagh n park, bus ride from centre to big house, nice tea room there, slice of apple tart for me please.3613809_orig.jpgautumncastle.jpgblueglen.jpgcastle-8.jpgcastle-10.jpgchurch poison glen.jpg

Way past there, looked at the airport area but no, no camping signs everywhere.

Last edited:
Just arrived at our night stop and a German Hymer is taking up 4 parking spaces out of the14 here, she grabbed a big bag of rubbish out their van and after scrutinising the sign on the bin in big letters with pictures forced it into the dog poop bin

Just arrived at our night stop and a German Hymer is taking up 4 parking spaces out of the14 here, she grabbed a big bag of rubbish out their van and after scrutinising the sign on the bin in big letters with pictures forced it into the dog poop bin
Thats what gives us a bad name, id get it later and stuff it up the ex pipe LOL.
Come on now google map of where you are staying, ps keep ones eye of the Irish birds its bad for ones health. ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back