What did you do to your van today?

I checked that my tyre which had mysteriously deflated had maintained its pressure. Don’t think it will move anywhere soon as we only recently moved from level 4 to level 3 and have to remain within the boundaries of Refrewshire.

Gave the van a 26 mile treat down the A1 and up the A19. Hopefully it got rid of any rust on the brake discs.

Took it away for a night out last night to a local nature reserve. They have put in a chemicaI disposal point and have notices up informing you that overnighting is allowed in the car park but asking that you only take up 1 parking space and only stay 1 night. I was a tad annoyed when a motorhome and 2 campervans turned up, all clearly friends. They proceeded to get the awnings and tables and chairs out as well as getting a fire going, taking up at least 6 spaces with no consideration for anybody else. Not only did it seem to be in breach of current restrictions where only 2 households are allowed to meet up outside but also I reckon behaviour like that may well lead to the Cairngorm Country Park rethinking their concession to motorhomers.
Mind you, scaredy that I am I never said a word to them!

Put a trickle charger between leisure battery and cab battery. So I can remove the two 10W panels charging the cab battery and have the main solar system charging both. Works well too, after three days both batteries are at 13.6V, rather than leisure at 13.6V and cab at 12.6V.
Having fully charged batteries means fridge works well on 12V. Happy days.

Reactions: 2cv
Took the van for a blast on the M27 today to Fritham in the New Forest , cruised at 70 mph , van went well , not moved it for about 8 weeks ,parked with brakes off but when I tried to leave home in it the brakes were stuck on, just a few wriggles and all was free again, topped up my LPG at OWER services 68.9 pence litre, only needed just over 10 litres and bottles were full, so that was OK.
Beautiful sunny cold day here today in Romsey, hard frost over night so a good day for a run out, got caught in a Pig Jam at BROOK in the Forest, about 15 large Pigs and Piglets eating Acorns in the road and they were not going to move for anyone till they had their fill, lovely sight, lots of Donkeys , Ponies and cattle roaming the Forest today, great to see.
We parked up at Stoney Cross an old WW2 airfield and had our lunch, lots of vans here today all folks enjoying the sunshine, Super day out , now we have a glorious sunset over our garden, another frost forecast tonight, so maybe another lovely day tomorrow.View attachment 57745View attachment 57746View attachment 57747View attachment 57748View attachment 57749View attachment 57750View attachment 57751
I lived in Totton very near Ower from birth until uni @ 18 then job @22 but still visited for a few years until my parents moved house
Lovely area ! Thanks for the piccies.. I learnt to drive beore I was 17 at Stoney Cross. Morris minor Then Hillman minx

Finally found the winter fridge vent that fits o u r fridge yesterday ..bailey aa 730 with demetic f/f . Ls 300..

Stressful night. MOT this morning.
Last evening found a leak on the combo boiler. No plumbers would answer their phones. It was after 5. Following advice, I think I’ve found the problem, thanks again St3v3. Decided it was a bit close to Christmas for me to risk messing it up. Needed to get a professional, famous last words😬.
This morning, while at the test centre, I got in touch with a plumber, coming this afternoon.
0933, Demi has a mot until January 2022👍👍👍😬

I lived in Totton very near Ower from birth until uni @ 18 then job @22 but still visited for a few years until my parents moved house
Lovely area ! Thanks for the piccies.. I learnt to drive beore I was 17 at Stoney Cross. Morris minor Then Hillman minx
Love Totton, was there Yesterday nice shopping place Lidl, Asda Morrisons, Eiling beach , Goaty ,nice views over Southampton docks container berths, and cruise ships great Board Walk at the Tide Mill through the Marshes,, we shop in Totton and then get fish and chips from the precinct , Chippy owned by Portuguese guys , lovely shop and staff, then we drive to Eiling and sit on the Quay side and eat our Fish n Chips, lovely on a sunny day, we have a walk round the beach and then go back into Totton to Mc Donalds for Coffee and a Mc Flurry ice cream and sit upstairs overlooking the Marshes and the Itchen watching the hundreds of sea and wading birds feeding in the marshes, super walks from the Salmon Leap pub to the River Test and Lakes and board walks .I too learnt to drive at Stoney Cross,

Thanks @Trigger We may well visit Totton etc sometime 2021.
My sister was married at Eling Church
I went to shool at Totton GS
My mother taught at Lydlinch road infants
CARDS F&C was no 1 back in the 60's 1
i worked (summer job at the timber yard Burt boulton haywood ?)

Picked my van up from Crossburn Caravans, Peebles where it has been for 5 weeks. Took it in before we went into tier 4 and told them I was in no hurry for it. Leak from kitchen sink now fixed along with various other niggles. Going to sorn it now as I doubt I'll be able to go anywhere for at least a couple of months.

Got it in the back street just now with a bit of heat going in and on mains for a few hours. Really looking forward to being away for a couple of nights after Christmas.

Cheers

H

Cambelt and water pump change last week.
Warning light came on....low coolant level on next start up.
Topped it up today (first day without terrestrial rain).
All set to go now.

Bugger.....back in lockdown.

I just gave mine a quick wash (well as quick as you can wash a nearly 9m long MH!!) in between showers, to get the accumulated gunk off it after our recent trip up to Cirencester last week.

I didn't bother to dry to though!

Drained down the water system, was hoping to get away for a few days somewhere down the Yarrow valley but thought best to stay put .

Back