What did you do to your van today?

Because I had a run out to Kingholm Quay near Dumfries yesterday, Today I washed the van off! This past week I have redecorated the van, inside of course, as I decided I had just a tad too much red.

Love Kingholm Quay and always pop in for a wander round when we’re at Glencaple. Often wondered about overnighting there and popping in to the pub / restaurant for a meal and drink or three. Is it ok for overnighting there Debs? (Once restrictions are over of course)

Never heard of Kingholm Quay. Going to Gretna next week, so maybe take a detour there to have a look on the way home? :)

Love Kingholm Quay and always pop in for a wander round when we’re at Glencaple. Often wondered about overnighting there and popping in to the pub / restaurant for a meal and drink or three. Is it ok for overnighting there Debs? (Once restrictions are over of course)
It's very quiet there and I would overnight there, but as usual if too many vans start using it, then there would be problems. Since covid, I've never seen so many vans using Glen Capel and Caerlaverock Corner.

Fitted a new nearside headlight as the old one was missing a rubber boot and was misting up and the reflector was black in places. Shiny new one now so should be able to see in the dark.
No, you still won't be able to see in the dark, you have to turn the light on, then it's not dark anymore. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

After the dark green respray lastvweel added Matt black GT strips under guidance from my 9 year old grandson.
I'm not used to doing as I am told!

Hi Gordon, I did post pictures on Motorhome Builder, but I will get round to posting them on here soonest.
Debs just popped over and observed the navigator snaps cracking job ,did you put the Chinese heater in ?

We had a cold but sunny few days last week and when I checked to solar controller ( Victron Bluesolar 75/15 with Bluetooth dongle) I noticed it hadn’t registered any charge from the solar panel for a couple of days.
I checked everything I could and couldn’t get it working, so ordered a new Smartsolar 75/15 (with built in Bluetooth) from Amazon France. It arrived after a couple of days, or so I thought, but in the box was a something else, but with the correct sticker on the box.
I contacted Amazon, they asked me to return the wrong unit and they would refund me and send me a new unit free of charge!
Result
The new controller came yesterday and I fitted it today. It works fine.

Then, I discovered what was wrong with the old unit. A recent firmware update had reset the settings to default which meant it didn’t start charging if the temperature was below 5degrees C and it had been below this earlier( this is a setting for Lithium batteries, which I don’t have)
So, there was nothing wrong with the old unit, luckily, the new didn’t cost me a penny ( or a cent)

We had a cold but sunny few days last week and when I checked to solar controller ( Victron Bluesolar 75/15 with Bluetooth dongle) I noticed it hadn’t registered any charge from the solar panel for a couple of days.
I checked everything I could and couldn’t get it working, so ordered a new Smartsolar 75/15 (with built in Bluetooth) from Amazon France. It arrived after a couple of days, or so I thought, but in the box was a something else, but with the correct sticker on the box.
I contacted Amazon, they asked me to return the wrong unit and they would refund me and send me a new unit free of charge!
Result
The new controller came yesterday and I fitted it today. It works fine.

Then, I discovered what was wrong with the old unit. A recent firmware update had reset the settings to default which meant it didn’t start charging if the temperature was below 5degrees C and it had been below this earlier( this is a setting for Lithium batteries, which I don’t have)
So, there was nothing wrong with the old unit, luckily, the new didn’t cost me a penny ( or a cent)
Result there :)

Off away in the Motorhome today for the first time in ages so checked all secured .... Opened the fridge to check it was cold after putting on day before and found various bottles of drink I forgot about :D There's handy :p

Checked the batteries, all ok. Removed all the towels for washing, unused but thought I would wash them and store in the house as in tier 3 and reckon will be staying in 3 after the review today, 😩😩😩😩😩

Droped my easylifter hubs off to have new bearings..
Geting ready for another adventure.😀😀😀😀😀 in my dreams teir 3.
No need for sad face its just a General maitenace repair there 4 years old and at £57 the pair plus few pounds labour.
I thought lets do then..

Back