What did you do to your van today?

Stuck my new Angles Morts stickers on the van then sat inside, in the sun, with a cup of tea and a chocolate cupcake.
That is terrible. I seem to have only had days of rain. That is not conducive when sitting in the Camper on the drive unable to look out of the windows in a downpour.

Ripped my sink out!
Been unhappy with it for a while now, too much stainless steel. So I pulled it out today

Then I cut a solid wood table top to size & made a solid worktop ready to fit. Just got to cut out for my new sink now, a round bowl with no drainer which will leave me a decent worktop spaceIMG_20210207_152804.jpg

Unplugged mine after a few days of being plugged in for battery recharging.

Living the dream!

Took mine out today loaded up with one wife, one wardrobe, one television stand, kitchen scales and whisk.
Daughters are so demanding.
Topped up with fuel for the first time since the end of October.
Delivered turned to come home and only wanted to keep heading to the Peak District.

Our van is also the delivery drop off for daily bread, so a note and cash left on drivers seat, exchanged for bread order at some unearthly hour. Wiped down and bread brought down. If I accidentally lock it, he reads the note through the window, hangs the bread on the wing mirror and collects cash next day! Thinking we ought to build a box for bread really.....but it works atm.

Shifted it out of its slot and into the sunshine for an hour engine running at 2200 for half an hour. First time I’ve seen the preheaters on for more than a second. Brrrrrr🥶.

3D7C8309-3A17-4DFF-903F-D1053FBE6090.jpeg
1613046927081.jpeg

Cheers

H

Last edited:
Went and squirted some silicon spray into the lock for the toilet compartment. Major problem as the key won't budge at all. Squirted more and will try again tomorrow.

You've annoyed her, and she's locked you in.

It's OK, you can tell us. 🤔

Nearly went to Go Outdoors for a new fleece before realising I had a brand new one in motorhome. So got it out and checked batteries etc, all ok.
Depending on what Boris tells us next Monday will then put mattress’s, seat cushions etc back in and re-stock food etc so ready for the off fingers crossed.

Added a fold down side counter to the kitchen area.

We’re always short of work space in the kitchen area of the van as the lift up counter to the right of the sink is quite small.

I have added a drop down counter/table, mounted on the side of the toilet wall. This drops down and rests on top of the existing side counter. I’ve use some reclaimed wood that I had to hand so it isn’t exactly a thing of beauty but it will be functional. Fortunately we’re both function over form people.

F477C82F-5D2E-4285-B44A-1FFC827E9680-scaled-e1613566044140.jpeg
BB5E322D-7DA3-4F25-A2DE-0F475CC3FB3E.jpeg

Started the Moho for it's six weekly warm up, turned the wheels another 90°, checked the inside over and generally enjoyed being inside it listening to the radio.
I'm going to be like a puppy with two tails once I can use it in anger.

Colin :):):)

Back