What did you do to your van today?

A lot we picked up a caravan for the daughter ran every thing up .few repairs .
Sylvia cleaned from top to bottom inside .
Think we could make money doing this.
12v sockets tomorrow new tv point ..
Order solar panel ..

If you are trying to be legal by fitting the french signs , might help to get rid of the trailer triangles :)
They have never been picked as being a problem before. What’s your reasoning please?
They were already fitted when I bought the box from the original owner, to remove them would leave four holes in the lid, would prefer it if they could stay.

Last edited:
They have never been picked as being a problem before. What’s your reasoning please?
They were already fitted when I bought the box from the original owner, to remove them would leave four holes in the lid, would prefer it if they could stay.
RVLR 1989 restrict their use to rear of trailers . Its like the red and yellow chevron marker boards are for use on vehicles over 7.5 ton , neither seem to get enforced to any degree but its still there if they want to be picky . :)

RVLR 1989 restrict their use to rear of trailers . Its like the red and yellow chevron marker boards are for use on vehicles over 7.5 ton , neither seem to get enforced to any degree but its still there if they want to be picky . :)
Ok, thanks for that, point fully taken. As they are already fitted though, I will take my chances and see how we get on.
If we ever get picked up on it, at least I will know the score, and not try to argue the point. Thanks again.

Washed it!

Having run it once a week for the last month dirt appeared.

The grandson offered to help by washing the wheels.
'He only washed the tyres and was proud of himself.

Washed it!

Having run it once a week for the last month dirt appeared.

The grandson offered to help by washing the wheels.
'He only washed the tyres and was proud of himself.
Checked mine over left hab door open for an hour as beautiful sunny day here in Southampton, batteries Reading OK but been on hook up for ages, with charger on, started engine and drove 10 yards up and down the drive to turn things over, brakes were slightly stuck on, clunked at first movement but then OK, vans been parked out of gear and brakes off so why would they jam on,? Went out in the car today to local beach and chatted with another motorhomer parked at beach, local man just out for exercise he said, he had been approached my Police a day or so ago but they were fine with what he was doing he said, he had recently lost his wife and his dog so was quite sad, but bearing up I want to take my van out but it wants to keep heading for Dover for a ferry and it is hard to control it hee hee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to fit a new starter battery (supplied by Alpha a couple of days ago). What a blasted kerfuffle getting the old one out, I almost need skin grafts on my knuckles!! Anyway 'tis out now, but there now lurks the rust. So wire brushing and a liberal dose of Kurrust means that tomorrow the rest of the skin on my knuckles will be removed whilst fitting the new battery-------------O deep joy

Decided to fit a new starter battery (supplied by Alpha a couple of days ago). What a blasted kerfuffle getting the old one out, I almost need skin grafts on my knuckles!! Anyway 'tis out now, but there now lurks the rust. So wire brushing and a liberal dose of Kurrust means that tomorrow the rest of the skin on my knuckles will be removed whilst fitting the new battery-------------O deep joy
Is your battery situated in the cab, in between the front seats?

Nope, it's under the bonnet on the drivers side with no more than 2" in either direction of space (1996/7 Ducato)
Ah, ok, just wondered. Mine is situated in the cab, and I can’t lift mine out without falling forward!

Nope, it's under the bonnet on the drivers side with no more than 2" in either direction of space (1996/7 Ducato)
I feel your pain, my last van a fiat ducato was in the same place.
It was difficult enough to try and use jump leads but when changing it, trying to get the negative terminal of was difficult, then gettingit out was even more difficult.
Best of luck for tomorrow.

Back