What did you do to your van today?

Well, the Victron Cyrix unit appears to be working. Engine battery at 13.5v and leisure battery at 14.4v after a sunny few hours. Didn’t move the van out of the yard but engine run up at 2200 revs for half an hour. Seems to be looking after itself quite well.

Cheers

H
I put a cheapy £26 victron trickle charger between hab and cab batteries. Working well too, hab at 13.9V cab at 13.1V. Well worth the crawl under the van to wire up the box.😁

I put a cheapy £26 victron trickle charger between hab and cab batteries. Working well too, hab at 13.9V cab at 13.1V. Well worth the crawl under the van to wire up the box.😁
You probably mean Voltronic?

And TBH, not that cheap for what you get :(

Outside:
1613675654510.png
Inside:
1613675555051.png

Following on from the service and timing belt change, my garage had spotted a steel water cooling pipe running from the oil cooler had pink residue on it (antifreeze) suggesting a leak. They had ordered in a replacement and fitted it for free today. It helps that the owner is a motorhomer. They say they have replaced a few of these pipes on Fiats. My van is a 2015 2.3L multijet. Perhaps worth a look next time you are lying under your van, (as you do). It is easy to spot.

This is the type and shape of the pipe. The leaks seem to be at the joint of the smaller pipe (not the very small one) on the left

Davy

Took the tyre inflator out of the vans garage and pumped the car tyres up after changing the batteries in the cars Tyrepal sensors.
Might be going out in the van for the day on Sunday, (we don’t have a lockdown here, just a 6pm -6am curfew.)We’re allowed to stay away in our motorhomes, but we’ll be home by 6 pm.

Played hunt the mouse droppings..it had chewed into a packet of mint imperials, set bait in a couple of places. Think it was in a rubbish bag we carried in the back...no further evidence but checking daily!

Played hunt the mouse droppings..it had chewed into a packet of mint imperials, set bait in a couple of places. Think it was in a rubbish bag we carried in the back...no further evidence but checking daily!
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Thank You
Reactions: Rec
Removed solar panel so I could clean underneath. Actually removed it, 120w to be replaced by 2 X 175w panels.

It came off frighteningly easy, guess Roller Team only need it to get out of the factory.

IMG_20210220_105357.jpg

Hi .. curiosity How are you going to fix the solar panels to the roof. Thinking of having mine replaced but concerned re leaks if it is through roof bolted. Instead of glued/ mastics / adhesive. Brian

Hi .. curiosity How are you going to fix the solar panels to the roof. Thinking of having mine replaced but concerned re leaks if it is through roof bolted. Instead of glued/ mastics / adhesive. Brian

Well I look at it this way, the wires have to come through a hole in the roof so putting a bolt through is no different.

I've just fitted a 50w panel which is 60cm X 50cm and used 2 pieces of 50 X 50 X 3mm ally angle. I used a whole tube of Sika 522 on the two pieces of angle so I doubt that will come off in a hurry. But into each piece of ally I drilled a 7mm hole so I can fit a 6mm bolt through the roof if I'm not happy.

The factory fitted panel I've just removed was bonded only, I removed it in 5 minutes using a length of fine stainless locking wire and some WD40. The remaining sealant I removed from the fibreglass with a thin scraper in another 5 minutes. Frightening!

Hi I removed a automatic sat dish from my roof the same way. No bolts. Was thinking of putting another 150 watt solar on roof. Joining cable to existing panel cable. so no need for new holes brian

Got out there yesterday and today, and enjoyed the sunshine while giving the van it’s first clean since Portugal.
At some point during the trip, I must have opened a couple of lockers with greasy fingers, because I couldn’t get rid of the finger marks. I tried using Astonish, which is actually a Mould and Mildew Remover, and couldn’t believe the difference, the result was truly amazing.
I ended up doing the whole van, including the roof and solar panel, and am really pleased with the revitalised look.
Astonish is sold for about 99p a bottle from places like Wilko’s and other Discount Stores.

Got out there yesterday and today, and enjoyed the sunshine while giving the van it’s first clean since Portugal.
At some point during the trip, I must have opened a couple of lockers with greasy fingers, because I couldn’t get rid of the finger marks. I tried using Astonish, which is actually a Mould and Mildew Remover, and couldn’t believe the difference, the result was truly amazing.
I ended up doing the whole van, including the roof and solar panel, and am really pleased with the revitalised look.
Astonish is sold for about 99p a bottle from places like Wilko’s and other Discount Stores.
Astonish is also one of the most ecologically sound cleaners.
Win-win for planet 🌍 + 🚍

Back