What did you do to your van today?

I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)

Derek fitted a new 160w solar panel to the roof today. Just waiting for the glands to arrive so he can complete the job.

Just normal cleaning inside. Oh, and got the Amazon Echo tethered to my phone. Gotta love a digital world.

Are you going to get Alexa to control stuff in the van for you? I'm going for awning light and heating - so I can switch them on from the phone, anywhere :)

Too advanced for me! To be honest I just want Alexa to play music, diary reminders and ask questions of it. Have the facility to do the remote controls, but no real need. The van heats up really quickly. I suppose it is a case of what you don’t know about you don’t miss. Head in sand.

Sounds a good idea... "Alexa, make it a sunny day outside"

Could be a good selling point.

K ;)

New 160 W Solar panel now in place & wired into van. Question is - the controller is 24 v or 12 v. Do I have to set it to 12 v or will it pick that up? Instructions don't say.

Put the last two small decals on the front of the van. All done now.
Unless Derek decides to paint more cows on it somewhere. :ROFLMAO:

I had an ongoing problem with the tv aerial post jamming and being very difficult to raise/lower or turn. Tried WD40 and PTFE spay, but it only ever worked once and then jammed up again. Eventually decided to risk taking the whole gland, where it goes through the roof, to pieces. As I undid the lower clamp plate it occured to me that it was a bit tight. I unscrewed the plate and, sure enough, the aerial worked fine. I gave it a good spray with the PTFE and reassembled the clamp, but not as tightly! Two days later, still working sweetly - a happy bunny!

Fitted new waste tank tap, the 3rd i have replaced in 2 1/2 years of ownership ! It’s to low so I need to sort out a re-design of sorts.
Fortunately the taps are only £3.00 each

Made my own "Stopsy" to hold the sliding door half open. It holds it in place if the van is nose or tail down too. Ten minutes work in the shed, three pop rivets to hold it in place.
Result!

K ;)

It's a simple affair, start with 100mm x 22mm strip of metal. I used aluminium as I had some. Bend it as the photo and drill three holes for pop rivets. Offer it up to the upright back of the bottom door slider track and drill the first hole ( the centre one) pop rivet it in place then drill and rivet the other holes...
The door latch on an X250 will ride up the ramps from either direction and sit in the centre section and hold the door there.
Simples...
K ;)

image.jpeg

Started to fill the Hymer for our first trip of 2019, St Osyth ( nr Clacton on Sea, Essex) there for a week, then up to Hunstanton (Norfolk) there for a week then home for a week or so, also first use for our brand new safari room, let’s see how that goes ??

Back