What did you do to your van today?

After reading Richard n Helen's post on underslung gas tanks I got the scrubing brush and hose pipe out and washed the tank ,in prep for a few coats of stone chip on the next dry day . According to gas it should be done every year if the tank is not coverd .. yes I got soaked.

Last edited:
Emptied the toilet cassette after our weekend away to the seaside.😂

Not just today but for a few days I have been emptying everything out of the van in preparation to sell it. Whatever I get next will be smaller so I will still have a big pile left over that will not go back in. It looks like I will have to learn how to sell on Gumtree to get shot of everything, especially the big stuff like the Aquaroll and external screen cover. They might come in handy as a bargaining chip during price negotiations.

I took it to the unit in Leeds to one of the MCEA blokes to see if he can sort out the fridge, water heater, control panel and heater fan.

I just hope he can sort the fridge, the rest is fairly easy to replace.

Reactions: 2cv
Not just today but for a few days I have been emptying everything out of the van in preparation to sell it. Whatever I get next will be smaller so I will still have a big pile left over that will not go back in. It looks like I will have to learn how to sell on Gumtree to get shot of everything, especially the big stuff like the Aquaroll and external screen cover. They might come in handy as a bargaining chip during price negotiations.
Did your 4 legged family agree you could go smaller.🤔😂

Did your 4 legged family agree you could go smaller.🤔😂
Unfortunately my canine family has changed a lot since I saw you at Hereford. We still have the Jack Russell but our old Whippet passed away, as did one of the rescue Whippets. We no longer have any Pugs (which we had one at Hereford I think) and just have 2 rescue Whips and the JR. A smaller van can fit the bill if the layout is right.

Unfortunately my canine family has changed a lot since I saw you at Hereford. We still have the Jack Russell but our old Whippet passed away, as did one of the rescue Whippets. We no longer have any Pugs (which we had one at Hereford I think) and just have 2 rescue Whips and the JR. A smaller van can fit the bill if the layout is right.
Sorry to hear that, I am sure even in a smaller van they will be as equally well cared for, dare I say spoilt😀

Plugged into electric to top up and also chill the fridge...not that the weather now warrants this. Delayed our trip to Norfolk as rain forecast...went to Sutton Boo instead. 😊

Washed the van and polished the cab ( the rest of the van is glossy white paint on aluminium……and I couldn’t be bothered..) Took out the 2 leisure batteries and installed a single AGM ready for a changeover to Lithiums next week while we are in the U.K. ( don’t want to carry 2 more batteries around till we get home)
Then bought this and put it in the van ready for summer to start again……..

2C291B4E-7D6C-44FD-A6F1-C14B2B84A91D.jpeg

Well that was a short visit to the garage .they carnt get the bits they going to ring me when they get them what a bugger lolol
Hmmm. hope it is not a general shortage :( (guess what mine is going in for tomorrow)

I had to order the handbrake shoes of the net as no one local had them .S0 hopefully the lads down the garage can source the discs and pads.

Back