What did you do to your van today?

Parked her on my drive after a 2500+ mile tour of Scottish coastline and Islands. I'm thinking about calling the route the "All Coast 2500"... kind of catchy but I think it might spoil it 🙄
12 Islands
14 ferries
Now the fun begins...
I need to sort out the non-working wipers
I have to refit the offside rear mud flap that got torn off when I reversed into a high kirbstone.
I need to buy and fit a replacement spare wheel carrier that failed just before we left.
Reseal the shower tray where the silicon has come away (again)
Give her a good old clean inside and out.
Quite looking forward to it all to be honest.
K ;)

Last edited:
I managed a chat with customer support, they are hoping to be back open by the end of next week, obviously depends on the covid situation 🙁
Update, CrashData took delivery this morning of the backlog of ecu units from Royal Mail, including ours, but still no technicians due to Covid, so a trip to Liverpool to retrieve the unit and its now on the way to Morecambe to an alternative repairer .......watch this space 🤔🙄🤞🏻

Spent the best part of 4 hours up on the van roof giving it a thorough clean. For the first time since getting it 3 years back I even lifted all the roof lights and the satellite dish to clean around the edges of all the frames and impossible to get to bits when left down! Feeling pretty tired out now but also self satisfied!

Knackered leisure batteries x 2 removed and put outside ready for the scrapboys to take away.
Could have took them to the scrapyard but to be honest couldn’t be ar-ed lol.
They do a great service as I live on a main road and things usually go within the hour. Will order 2 x these this evening, much more suitable for wild camping.

We got our van back today after an MOT Friday, it failed as it needed some welding, I left it at the Garage for the work to be done, the welding was needed near the top of the suspension leg, offside, front, they [ the mechanics ] said that they would need to remove the suspension leg to get at the problem EEKKKKk I thought , as they do not work weekends and it was Bank Holiday Monday coming up, work on my van was started Friday left till Tuesday and finished today , they did not drop the suspension leg but removed the front wing, headlamp assembly and battery tray to do the repair, total cost was. including the MOT £410 which I thought was a great price as I had visions of a huge bill. I did not realise that the front wings on my van were bolt on ? you live and learn? Fiat Ducatto based .
So we are stuffing the van today ready for the off tomorrow to Rye ,West Sussex ,for 10 nights on a Rugby Club Field with the CCC THS ,Motor Home section, Rye is 115 miles from home according to Tom Tom and it is the Coast road from Southampton a bum route but it is that or up the M3 to M25 to Gatwick and then back down to the coast , so not much in it it seems , so all excited about getting out again, weather forecast looks good too. YIPEEEE

Refitted rear mudflap and cut both down by about 2.1/2" to hopefully stop them from being ripped off every time I reverse into a high kerb.

Found a weep from the radiator... 1/2 lit lost in last trip of 2500 miles but I don't know when it started :(

Fitted a new-to-me tip up basin that I bought via the IH owners site, been looking for ages as I didn't want to pay £120 for a comp!eye unit. Nice ;)

Removed wiper and bench tested motor to confirm it is dead, replacement on order now along with some scuttle trim clips.

Also ordered a replacement spare wheel carrier.

Been a busy day

K ;)

Fitted clutch claw to beef up security, 10 minute job apart from dropping a screw which did a disappearing act lol.
So now have tracker, alarm, disklok, clutch claw and last but not least the dog.
Now just waiting for my pair of lead carbon gel batteries to arrive between 12-1.

Last edited:
Back