What did you do to your van today?

SquirrellCook

Today we had a sad version of an epic adventure. Earlier in the week we had a phone call reminding us that our MOT had expired. :( Work has been manic so no chance to do the usual pull the wheels of and check the brakes. At least it was booked in for this afternoon. Until the next phone call, "get here as soon as you can" !! Anita did the hard graft of cleaning the windows and I operated the switches to do the light check. I didn't sleep well as I like to have some imaginary control of my life, this felt like it had been taken away. Noticed a reflector missing from painting the side and this required fitting before we set off. After reading some horror stories of your failures and advisories I thought the rules must have tightened up.
What a silly sod I had been, it passed. One advisory for a poor efficiency wiper blade. I asked about tire age and was told that it didn't matter for Class 4 vehicles. They are in date anyways. Not that is does smoke, that's still discretionary by the examiner.
Now we only have two problems, getting time of work and somewhere to go. More Camps required this year (hint) ;)

trixie88

Don’t be to upset, remember his horse needed feeding. ;)
UPSET...im more than upset..........im fuming at the bit.......i could have had a new fridge freezer for that.............must add i didnt have anything to do with the job or the price.............however i did pay out for it........i would have walked away and got another couple of quotes for it.
.....van gone back up north now......its going in for its speedo tomorrow......hgasnt worked for a while......garageman told daughter what to order off the internet.......duly ordered and recived it minus a part...so had to be reordered again....hope the firm isnt going to charge twice for that..........

SquirrellCook

UPSET...im more than upset..........im fuming at the bit.......i could have had a new fridge freezer for that.............must add i didnt have anything to do with the job or the price.............however i did pay out for it........i would have walked away and got another couple of quotes for it.
.....van gone back up north now......its going in for its speedo tomorrow......hgasnt worked for a while......garageman told daughter what to order off the internet.......duly ordered and recived it minus a part...so had to be reordered again....hope the firm isnt going to charge twice for that..........
Let’s hope this garage man knows his stuff and is not to pricey.

Exwindsurfer

Just washed the solar panels checked water and oil ready for the run down to Hereford +put 4 gall of fuel in a container so I know I will get there and back.

mistericeman

Fitted new Cello 24" 12v TV and new status 580 aerial.

We seemed to have struggled for a decent TV signal over the last few times we were away (pre lockdown) and came to the conclusion the previous (original to the 2004 motorhome) was perhaps a bit tired.
(To be fair we only really watched stuff in the darker winter months when it goes dark early....)
New one arrived this morning and now fitted ready for us hopefully heading off on Friday for 2 weeks....

Went for the long mast version so it'll push up from the roof by a meter or so... Booster unit also has a 3 way colour change led signal strength meter for easier tuning....
Even parked on the street outside home it's now found 180 or so channels rather than the 40 or so it managed in same spot before.....

Happy days.... Just need to test it properly now

GreggBear

Emptied the toilet, filled the water tank, stocked up on a few essentials, then back to my hideout for a good spring clean. Even managed to sort my airhorn out, hasn't worked since I blew it to show a young lad what it sounded like😕
Turned out to be a blown fuse for the compressor unit, replaced with a slightly heavier one so hopefully won't be any more bother....