What did you do to your van today?

Fitted new Cello 24" 12v TV and new status 580 aerial.

We seemed to have struggled for a decent TV signal over the last few times we were away (pre lockdown) and came to the conclusion the previous (original to the 2004 motorhome) was perhaps a bit tired.
(To be fair we only really watched stuff in the darker winter months when it goes dark early....)
New one arrived this morning and now fitted ready for us hopefully heading off on Friday for 2 weeks....

Went for the long mast version so it'll push up from the roof by a meter or so... Booster unit also has a 3 way colour change led signal strength meter for easier tuning....
Even parked on the street outside home it's now found 180 or so channels rather than the 40 or so it managed in same spot before.....

Happy days.... Just need to test it properly now

Emptied the toilet, filled the water tank, stocked up on a few essentials, then back to my hideout for a good spring clean. Even managed to sort my airhorn out, hasn't worked since I blew it to show a young lad what it sounded like😕
Turned out to be a blown fuse for the compressor unit, replaced with a slightly heavier one so hopefully won't be any more bother....

Yesterday I painted the chrome fitting in the shower that holds shampoo bottles etc.

Putting chrome into a wet area like a shower. What a stupid idea!

2018 AutoTrail V-Line 635SE. Kitchen Drawer Catch Retainer & Aluminium Sink.

I like to keep records of fittings for when things go wrong, and this might help other AutoTrail owners.

AutoTrail V-Line 635SE_Drawer Catch.JPG

This is the cheap kitchen drawer catch plastic retainer fitted by AutoTrail, and the item adjacent the sink was starting to break. Rather than fit a plastic replacement I fettled up something stronger from scrap metal. The two retaining screws are impossible to undo without removing the sink. A simple job now resolved.

Once in bits, I found the aluminium sink had a previously hidden sticker telling me the manufacturer and unit number. It was Thetford SBL3400 rectangular 400x445mm. Google found me an exploded drawing that included the part numbers of associated fittings, such as rubber gasket, glass top, glass protector rubber bungs, etc,.

Thetford Sink Label_Rectangular_400x445 Bar Code.JPG

Being me, I've downloaded the lot into my V-Line file, so that when something breaks again, I know where to go to get a spare.

What a day, we started by having new mud and snow tyres fitted to new rims for the Betty build. Including the argument over getting them balanced. I think 140 grams out was worth doing. Whilst we were at Manor tyres I thought it would be a good idea to check the wheel alignment on Anita’s shopping van. Even though it’s not a year old yet the front tyres did not look like they were wearing correctly. Yes Mercedes screw up again, it was out. Whilst I finished building Betty’s front end, Anita set about giving Murky a deep clean. I think I got the easy job. ;) A trip South next week for a very late birthday party. But first tomorrow a full day intensive Tia Chi session. :(

35D96A18-141B-4519-B7FE-B995686F1A35.jpeg

Back