What did you do to your van today?

Project Camper

Interesting, why do you think the airbag was the cause?
Because the spring is ment to take the load, hence the massive out riggers on sprinter vans, as soon as you fit a airbag system your attaching load to a area that’s not designed to dissipate loads , only the leaf spring mounts have been designed to do that. Hence it’s split.

Lee

Rally Organiser

I've been gradually getting ready for our next trip, a Bentley rally and a few days viewing houses for our imminent move South. Water filled and clothes stored, provisions to go in and tyres to inflate and it will be great to be on the road again.

Best of luck with the house hunting.

Reactions: 2cv

I've been gradually getting ready for our next trip, a Bentley rally and a few days viewing houses for our imminent move South. Water filled and clothes stored, provisions to go in and tyres to inflate and it will be great to be on the road again.
I hope your search for a new home and subsequent move go smoothly, Bill.
Do bear in mind that 'South' begins at Watford (and I don't mean Watford Gap!).
I'm a little ahead of you in terms of moving, assuming that the short chain holds together. If things complete as hoped I'd get very wet indeed if I moved a further 3km southwards.
House hunting and moving is a stressful activity and I hope things go well for you and Susie.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:

2cv

I hope your search for a new home and subsequent move go smoothly, Bill.
Do bear in mind that 'South' begins at Watford (and I don't mean Watford Gap!).
I'm a little ahead of you in terms of moving, assuming that the short chain holds together. If things complete as hoped I'd get very wet indeed if I moved a further 3km southwards.
House hunting and moving is a stressful activity and I hope things go well for you and Susie.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂
Thanks Colin, hoping that your move goes smoothly too. We too plan to be beside the sea. Last time we moved, 34 years ago, Glasgow was South.

RCW

Whilst nomad camping, well parked outside my dads house and doing the odd flight or two, gave her a good clean and am getting ready for winter

trixie88

well not today ...twas on friday.........campervan front mudflap hanging off...held on by one screw......
.....GARAGE CHARGED 250 POUNDS........needed a BIT of welding to it...so that screws would stay in..........daylight robbery...
...wouldnt have taken more than half and hour to complete......he has made a right mess of it..into the bargain....
....its all lumpy and bumpy.......he said thats because he coated it with something to stop it rusting???????
? he even managed to get the stuff on the door handles.......wont be going there again

SquirrellCook

well not today ...twas on friday.........campervan front mudflap hanging off...held on by one screw......
.....GARAGE CHARGED 250 POUNDS........needed a BIT of welding to it...so that screws would stay in..........daylight robbery...
...wouldnt have taken more than half and hour to complete......he has made a right mess of it..into the bargain....
....its all lumpy and bumpy.......he said thats because he coated it with something to stop it rusting???????
? he even managed to get the stuff on the door handles.......wont be going there again
Don’t be to upset, remember his horse needed feeding. ;)