What did you do to your van today?

Booked Brunhilde for MOT on Friday; and made a provisional booking with David at Wildebus for a wee bit more electrical work the following week [subject to the MOT outcome]. If both episodes go well, a late trip to Spain is on the cards; otherwise, it'll be another cancellation. Unlike a certain politician, it's something I can resign myself to ...

Steve

Took my van through to south shields to a paint shop my mate deals with to get an estimate to paint all my plastic bumpers and side trim as they are all different shades of grey was well pleased when he said 200 quid cash booked it in for 15th of march so Great result. They are getting paint a satin black .

Cleared out all the 'Just in case' items and rubbish in preparation for tomorrow's MOT. Lots of 'Wondered what had happened to that' moments/comments. Also lowered the dropdown bed a couple of inches to improve air flow until we use it again. Just need to remember when walking through the habitation area, unlike on previous occasions as the forehead scars show ... :oops:

Steve

Switched EHU on, started filling fridge / freezer ready for trip to West coast of Scotland Monday, cannot wait.
Will fill up gas at Darlington Flogas on way to overnight stopover near Penrith.

IMG_20220206_094626.jpg

IMG_20220206_094534.jpg

IMG_20220203_140117.jpg

The sink drain has been a pain in the neck ever since we bought the Carthago. Any bits of waste just get stuck in the bottom which neans you then have a 10 minute job trying to clean it all out. Doesn't matter how careful you are it just gets stuck. As you can see the chrome is already coming off. So replaced it with old fashioned one with plug. The original has built in waste trap so new one has one made to fit out of 4 x 90 degree bends and plastic tube. It's going to be better and certainly easier to clean.

IMG_20220206_101642.jpg

This one took some sorting. The kettle would not boil on the two rings on the right. Even had trouble with a pan of water. Turns out that Dometic put smaller jets in. The back burner is different to the front one but the one on the left is the same. So bought a new jet and fitted it. Now have two rings that will boil a kettle and one that simmers. Result.

Today I'm finally getting more solar in than power being used! must be summertime!
Me too! On the back of yesterday's brief spells of sun until the rain moved in, and today's emerging sunny periods from the earlier grey wall of cloud, the Leisure Battery has actually gone into Float mode! The Solar Panel was putting out a peak of 24.01v just under an hour ago. The extra daylight is making an enormous difference to both Leisure Battery output and reduced power consumption

Steve

I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)
You should
I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)
I left mine on to save the rear bumper damage when reversing a good over rider.

Checked tyre pressures for our run out on Tuesday up to Sterling.I realy must check my tyres more often.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee
Just going to check things work on gas and electricty as it’s been standing a while and we may try a night out in it locally next week.

Back