What did you do to your van today?

As you can see I am fitting two steps, one below the drivers door and one below the passenger door. The reason being the step up in to the footwell is now 20in as I've put 40mm spacers to the top of my new struts and springs and really do struggle stepping up into the van. Once these new steps are in place it will only be a 12in step up then 8in into the footwear so it will make our lives a bit easier. Yes I know they will stick out but I have checked and as long they don't stick out beyond the wing mirrors it's fine.
PS I don't think I'm the only one with this style of van who struggles to get up into the cab
Are there supports under the cab ready for these to bolt on to? or did you have to add anything other than the stuff in the photo posted?
I was thinking of getting a pair of steps but the ready-made ones are pretty pricey at near on £300!

Moved my van out the driveway on Monday night and back on Tuesday night. Most work it will have done for next two weeks as done ankle in and can't even put a shoe on it.
Had to move it to make room for repairs to the results of Storm Arwen last year!
cherrypicker.jpg

Nae luck David health and safety and all that Pain in the but. But I suppose it doesn’t matter if your insurance is paying for it. A £200 job becomes a £2000 job. I’d have had that bit of lead back on before he got the jacks down on that truck truck.👍

Last edited:
Are there supports under the cab ready for these to bolt on to? or did you have to add anything other than the stuff in the photo posted?
I was thinking of getting a pair of steps but the ready-made ones are pretty pricey at near on £300!
Nothing was added David just drill two holes in the chassis and used two self drill bolts to keep that end in place.

The MH alarm had started to go off occasionally so fitted new batteries in the wireless sensors, it usually sorts it out. 😉

Had to remove the newly restored toilet cassette door again as the locking latch stopped working... I had removed the cover of the mechanism when I was disassembling the door but found I didn't need to so put it back on again but didn't notice the nylon duberry part of the mechanism had jumped off.
Its a two minute job on the bench but potentially hours long job in situ above a gravel drive (drop a spring or duberry onto gravel...)
All back together again.
I need to get away in it instead of fixing it
K ;)

The MH alarm had started to go off occasionally so fitted new batteries in the wireless sensors, it usually sorts it out. 😉
But it didn't this time. The PIR sensor was the dodgy culprit, so we have decided that we will be fine without it. 😀

Went to tax it last night only to find out its mot ran out last November oops .So it's booked in for one tomorrow.

Just phoned the garage and asked if they can do an oil change tomorrow as well all sorted .

Last edited:
Back